• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miles Overton to Transfer from Wake Forest

Casey Crawford

Oh snap! No he didn't!

Transfers (give or take) since 2003 recruiting class: 18!!

Hendley, Ingram, Dukes, Swinton (counting drop outs too), Gurley, Skeen, Woods, Stewart, Tucker, Chennault, Desrosiers, Tabb, Terrell, Fields, Fischer, Cavanaugh, Moto and now Overton.

Wow. That has got to be higher than avg transfer rate eh? Obviously, Wake's might be a little higher due to academic challenges and kids looking for a better fit, but 18 in 10 years seems awfully high.

Good luck to you Miles! Appreciate the passion and energy you played with while you were here!

Gotta think Manning pulled him aside and told him his playing time was about to be reduced. Just don't think his meager offensive contributions can make up for his utter lack of defense in Manning's system.

Yep- pine time upcoming so he bailed. The sooner we get Manning's recruits in here the better!

Gotta think Manning pulled him aside and told him his playing time was about to be reduced. Just don't think his meager offensive contributions can make up for his utter lack of defense in Manning's system.

I for one think it's more likely it can be directly attributed to our negative Manning threads on these here boards. #rjisrightagain

How's our APR looking for the future. Iirc we need these guys to graduate for it not to hurt us right? Don't think that will a problem with Miles.

I was under the impression that as long as they left on track to graduate it didn't affect our APR.

Casey Crawford

So Casey did actually enroll? I honestly don't remember seeing him in a Wake uniform but the recruiting sites show him as an enrolled recruit.

How was he the #1 player in KS tho at the time? His overall ranking seemed way too low to be such a stud. Then again, SOC maybe?

And did Dave Telep lose his reputation completely for being so high on Kevin Swinton? KS made JTT seem like an all-world player in comparison when comparing rank and ability / results.

Also forgot Konnor Tucker.

I wouldn't be surprised if Overton's increased minutes the past few games were part of an opportunity for him to show off for other schools. Either that or Coach Manning gave him a lot of run and then showed him on film why he couldn't play the style he wanted for Overton.

I was under the impression that as long as they left on track to graduate it didn't affect our APR.

And it is not hard to be on track after a season or two. Academic requirements (i.e. cumulative GPA) get more and more difficult as your career progresses.

So Casey did actually enroll? I honestly don't remember seeing him in a Wake uniform but the recruiting sites show him as an enrolled recruit.

How was he the #1 player in KS tho at the time? His overall ranking seemed way too low to be such a stud. Then again, SOC maybe?

And did Dave Telep lose his reputation completely for being so high on Kevin Swinton? KS made JTT seem like an all-world player in comparison when comparing rank and ability / results.

Telep also once referred to CMM as a "long range assassin". I think when you cover a wide range of 15-18 year olds, you're bound to get a few wrong. Telep's reputation is fine, I believe he works for the Spurs now.

All we have as fans these days is to debate the value of Miles Overton...Wow, how far the (semi) mighty have fallen

It's the best thing for both parties involved...but Overton was one of two players on the roster who could actually hit a jump shot (yes, he took too many but still..). Bring on the zone defenses....

Best of luck in the future Miles...

do any of you honestly care about this season at all? i'd take all the transfers of shitty bzz players possible.

Not surprising, but wish him the best. I always liked his enthusiasm.

Where are all the 32 minute projection guys on Miles' 5.1 ppg in 12.7 mpg? 39% on threes.....

I'm guessing it's LaSalle, St. Joe's or Penn.

Back