• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Heads up: Potential government shutdown

DistrictDeacon

Reaction score
It could be coming tonight.

I guess this is what happens when you try to roll back banking reforms and wipe out campaign financing limits all in one bill.

I guess this is what happens when you try to roll back banking reforms and wipe out campaign financing limits all in one bill.

Who gives a shit about banking reforms? It's been like 7 years since irresponsible financial practices almost sank the entire economy.

Be fair, it also cuts WIC to buy jets the Pentagon doesn't want and also stamps out DC pot.

It was a bit funny to see some major Dems and media members who raked Pubs over the coals for the last shutdown calling for their own side to do the same now. Two sides of the same piece of shit.

That said, I'm seriously concerned by the reports that some major expanded powers to listen in on Americans without a warrant that were snuck in by the Senate. Haven't had a chance to read about it in detail yet.

Gifts for Wall Street and politicians were snuck in by the House. Outstanding group of ladies and gentlemen we have up there.

It was a bit funny to see some major Dems and media members who raked Pubs over the coals for the last shutdown calling for their own side to do the same now. Two sides of the same piece of shit.

That said, I'm seriously concerned by the reports that some major expanded powers to listen in on Americans without a warrant that were snuck in by the Senate. Haven't had a chance to read about it in detail yet.

So are you saying you'd pass it anyway?

Obama allowing the banking part in shows weakness and is shameful.

It doesn't show weakness. It show who he is. Look at his history as president. At this point you are what your record says you are.

Vote Carson/Palin 2016. If we can get Ted Cruz as Chief of Staff and Jason Chaffetz as Sec of State, we could see a new generation of stand-up comics the likes of which we haven't seen since the SNL crew of the 70's.

What does any of this have to do with Obama? He supported the passage of the GOP plan. I thought he was supposed to reach across the aisle.

Reactions: ONW
If the government shuts down, it will be just like Somalia here.

Sort of like the last time, when there were bodies strewn across the street and I had to drive over them on the way to work? Lots of political theater last time from this administration.

Maybe if we reduced the influence of the national government, there wouldn't be so many people in Washington trying to influence lawmakers. Why has the potato lobby gotten into the imbroglio? Because it can due to the consolidation of power. When did it become the province of the federal bureaucrats to dictate to school districts what can be on lunch menus? Because the National Greatness Republicans, like their progressive counterparts, love telling the rest of us what to do.

I'm just going to assume you were drugged or suffered a traumatic brain injury.

Maybe if we reduced the influence of the national government, there wouldn't be so many people in Washington trying to influence lawmakers.

Quite possibly one of the dumbest hypotheticals I've ever encountered.

Reactions: ONW
Back