• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

Bumping this for 2017. Looking to go ski a few days over MLK weekend and am debating about Winter Park - found a good deal and I like that it's closer to DIA. Anyone ever ski there?

I skied there for a day a few years ago. Wasn't as good of a skier as I am now. It's not bad, not as good as Breck or Vail but it's far closer to Denver.

Planning to ski this weekend on Sunday / Monday at Keystone and/or A-Basin.

Heading to Telluride in a couple weeks for the first time. Anyone been? Recommendations for terrain and restaurants/bars? Staying in downtown Telluride.

Heading to Telluride in a couple weeks for the first time. Anyone been? Recommendations for terrain and restaurants/bars? Staying in downtown Telluride.

Great little thai food place called Siam. Good food and cocktails.
Good beer selection and good pizza at Brown Dog Pizza.
We ate at Smugglers Brewpup too, but I don't remember what we had, so it was probably good, if not memorable.
The crew at the Telluride Green Room was helpful if you're into 'natural wellness.'

Also, you probably know this, but the free gondola will take you from Telluride to the resort and it runs until midnight.

Bumping this for 2017. Looking to go ski a few days over MLK weekend and am debating about Winter Park - found a good deal and I like that it's closer to DIA. Anyone ever ski there?

Dope and the train is running this year, so you can catch that to make for an easy journey. If you dig bumps, Mary Jane is legit. If you do WP, hit up The Ditch for a boss burger.

We ate at Smugglers Brewpup too, but I don't remember what we had, so it was probably good, if not memorable.
The crew at the Telluride Green Room was helpful if you're into 'natural wellness.'

Also, you probably know this, but the free gondola will take you from Telluride to the resort and it runs until midnight.

Most important thing about telluride is NOT to eat at the place that advertises having "the best burger in colorado." They steam their burgers, absolutely disgusting. Don't remember the name but its on main street.

Had a great half-day lesson at A-Basin on Monday morning; packed powder, but it seemed to ski pretty well.

No love for Wyoming? Jackson Hole might be my favorite place on earth. Don't think I'm going to be able to make it out there this year, which is a shame, considering they've already gotten 260+ inches, with more coming this week.

For comparison, Alta, which typically gets crushed, has gotten 175 inches, and Breckenridge 113.

Excellent - thanks for the recs. We're staying very close to Brown Dog Pizza. Will check out the Green Room. Also, will avoid the steamed burger, gouda.

Excellent - thanks for the recs. We're staying very close to Brown Dog Pizza. Will check out the Green Room. Also, will avoid the steamed burger, gouda.

I looked it up, its called "Steamies."

heading out to Deer Valley again next week. Looking forward to it, but damn it's expensive. Going to have to find a more budget-friendly place to take the family next year. Really adds up when you're footing the bill for 4. Maybe we'll find an air bnb in PC and ski Park City Mtn Resort or stay in SLC and ski the places on that side of the Wasatch. Recs for places that are family friendly and easy to get to from SLC? Alta's awesome but not appropriate for 3/4 skiers in my family, need more groomers.

No love for Wyoming? Jackson Hole might be my favorite place on earth. Don't think I'm going to be able to make it out there this year, which is a shame, considering they've already gotten 260+ inches, with more coming this week.

For comparison, Alta, which typically gets crushed, has gotten 175 inches, and Breckenridge 113.

TITCR

Might really regret doing this but this is my and my friends there last year the place is awesome.
12891083_10207178861762235_3489477121962893210_o.jpg

Last edited:
Think I'm going to Loveland this year, anyone have any good reviews of the place? I have driven by it a bunch of times but never actually been.

Think I'm going to Loveland this year, anyone have any good reviews of the place? I have driven by it a bunch of times but never actually been.

Can I ask why? Less vertical and acreage than pretty much all the other CO mountains. Closer to Denver, but chance of more crowds. Also, it doesn't appear they have any high speed lifts, which does not sound fun.

Can I ask why? Less vertical and acreage than pretty much all the other CO mountains. Closer to Denver, but chance of more crowds. Also, it doesn't appear they have any high speed lifts, which does not sound fun.

Not my call really, girl I am going with doesn't want to be caught up on snowy roads, and it is right on the highway. Might try a push to keystone, or copper, or A basin.

Also we are trying to get away with not renting a car.

Last edited:

Yup, it is my season pass spot. Sign the Cat waiver and take free rides along the bowl tops. Duck back into the 8 lift for good tree runs. Nothing fancy, but no lines, traffic headaches of pass and tunnel and cheap.

No crowds so lifts are easily balanced out by no wait. Also 1/3 the cost of any other mountain.

heading out to Deer Valley again next week. Looking forward to it, but damn it's expensive. Going to have to find a more budget-friendly place to take the family next year. Really adds up when you're footing the bill for 4. Maybe we'll find an air bnb in PC and ski Park City Mtn Resort or stay in SLC and ski the places on that side of the Wasatch. Recs for places that are family friendly and easy to get to from SLC? Alta's awesome but not appropriate for 3/4 skiers in my family, need more groomers.

Move your flight up! I'm out here right now, we got 20 inches last night, and are supposed to get another foot and a half or so over the next couple days.

As far as serious responses, lift tickets at PCMR aren't going to be better than Deer Valley, in fact sometimes they're more expensive. But I guess if you're staying on the mountain at Deer Valley right now, then you might be able to find a cheaper place in town. Remember that the Park City busses are free, so even if you stay in town you can still take the bus up to ski Deer Vally (or just drive up and park if you have a car).

Last edited:
Back