Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah and Colorado Skiing

Flying out to park city Thursday morning... Save some pow for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    Flying out to park city Thursday morning... Save some pow for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I've only skied utah for twice, and there wasnt fresh snow - I've heard that Utah is better than CO when there is snow, its just less consistent. Accurate?

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    There's a reason the olympics was in Utah not Colorado

Heading to Telluride on Saturday - hope the snow continues!

Quote Originally Posted by RubbinsRacin View Post
    Yeah Romney, not the mountains. Also, Colorado has expressed they have no interest in Olympic logistics. Championships for skiing are regularly held at Beaver Creek and other CO mountains. The Olympic team trains at Beaver and the Springs is the epicenter of Olympic offices for the US teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLDeac View Post
    Heading to Telluride on Saturday - hope the snow continues!
    Western slope is getting dumped on well through next week.

People will always argue about why their favorite area is better than the others, but for a guy who grew up skiing the NightHawk at Hawks Nest, on sheets of ice under the lights and snowblowers, it's all pretty damn good out west. When I consider taking a big trip out west, what I'm thinking about is cost, ease of travel, and good variety of terrain for my family, more than whether one spot might have marginally "better" snow than another. Park City usually wins out although I'm going to re-do the research for next winter. I've been thinking of hitting Sun Valley (Idaho) - heard great things.

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by discdude View Post
    Yeah Romney, not the mountains. Also, Colorado has expressed they have no interest in Olympic logistics. Championships for skiing are regularly held at Beaver Creek and other CO mountains. The Olympic team trains at Beaver and the Springs is the epicenter of Olympic offices for the US teams.
    lol nice try fella

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    just kidding it's all good out west but PC did get dat olympics and has world class training crap going on for winter sports that is unmatched in CO

Quote Originally Posted by RubbinsRacin View Post
    Thought it was because 70 couldn't hand the traffic. Logistics would be a disaster - SLC definitely a lot more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    http://www.sierrasun.com/news/lake-t...-now-possible/

10 feet of snow from one storm. DAYUM.
    Cannot even imagine how epic the blue sky days will be out there this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by gouda View Post
    Thought it was because 70 couldn't hand the traffic. Logistics would be a disaster - SLC definitely a lot more convenient.
    Yes and no

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    People will always argue about why their favorite area is better than the others, but for a guy who grew up skiing the NightHawk at Hawks Nest, on sheets of ice under the lights and snowblowers, it's all pretty damn good out west. When I consider taking a big trip out west, what I'm thinking about is cost, ease of travel, and good variety of terrain for my family, more than whether one spot might have marginally "better" snow than another. Park City usually wins out although I'm going to re-do the research for next winter. I've been thinking of hitting Sun Valley (Idaho) - heard great things.
    I 100% agree with this. When you don't get to go often from NC, any western skiing is 20x better so I don't care about getting the BEST. I love Loveland for when I'm in Denver for work and can steal one half day, even though I know it sucks compared to everything else.

Who wants to go skiing this weekend out west? Which of you rich wake folks has a house/condo I can stay at? I can get to Denver or SFO (Tahoe) for free on airline miles but no friends can go on such late notice.

one of my partners has a sweet house in vail but it's always being used by FAMILY. Dammit.

Tried to drive up after work but 70 is a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    Who wants to go skiing this weekend out west? Which of you rich wake folks has a house/condo I can stay at? I can get to Denver or SFO (Tahoe) for free on airline miles but no friends can go on such late notice.
    I'm leaving Friday, otherwise I totally would have let you stay in my condo...

Quote Originally Posted by ATLDeac View Post
    Heading to Telluride in a couple weeks for the first time. Anyone been? Recommendations for terrain and restaurants/bars? Staying in downtown Telluride.
    I used to live in Telluride and still visit 1-2 times per year. All of the higher end restaurants are very good, below are some of my favorite spots to eat and drink.

Nice Restaurants:

The Sheridan Chop House - steakhouse, great bar special, order a flatliner to drink, also, best brunch in town

La Marmotte - Great french bistro

Allreds - Happy hour for the view

Best Cheaper spots:

Brown Dog Pizza - Detroit style pizza is great

Corner House - off the main road, will probably be less crowded, cheap pitchers of pbr

Breakfast:

The Butcher & Baker - incredible bfast burrito

On the mountain food/drink:

Guiseppes - off of lift 9, order the black bean saute

Gorono's - go for a few beers to end the day, normally there is live music

Bars:
    Sheridan Opera House Bar

The Buck

Music:

Normally there will be some very good live music in town, ask around to see who is playing.

Shot in the dark here, but has anyone been skiing in Chile and have any intel? Specifically in August/September? Looking to plan a trip as a gift to my dad this year.