Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 564

Thread: Utah and Colorado Skiing

  1. #301
    Coming from the east coast, and taking the exchange rate into consideration, is Whistler any less expensive for a family trip than Colorado or Utah?

    In other news, I saw that Snowbird just closed. Utah got off to a late start this year but certainly finished strong.

  2. #302
    I have always thought that SLC was a bargain, when you factor in airfares, lodging (stay in SLC) and proximity to so many great areas.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdinBama View Post
    I have always thought that SLC was a bargain, when you factor in airfares, lodging (stay in SLC) and proximity to so many great areas.
    Definitely my favorite default destination - I love Alta, especially on the annual guys' trip.

  4. #304
    Scott "Rufio" Feather DeacLaw05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hickory, N.C.
    Posts
    5,431
    Bump this thread up now that we’re into ski season. Who is making the westward trek this winter? I’ll be headed to Snowmass in late February. Just started the process of getting into ski shape last week. Hopefully the snow improves by then—it looks like it has been a slow start to the season.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacLaw05 View Post
    Bump this thread up now that we’re into ski season. Who is making the westward trek this winter? I’ll be headed to Snowmass in late February. Just started the process of getting into ski shape last week. Hopefully the snow improves by then—it looks like it has been a slow start to the season.
    In! Heading west to ski for the first time ever and hitting up Snowmass in early March for a honeymoon (fiancee loves to ski and grew up going to Colorado every couple years or so). I'm pretty pumped, and also need to start getting into ski shape, especially since I'm only used to these tiny slopes on the east coast.

  6. #306
    Do a ton of wall sits. Seriously helps. Need to plan a trip sometime in mid-late Feb but am having a hard time getting people to commit with bachelor parties, weddings, etc.

    Oh and Snowmass is awesome. Assuming you're there for a few days, head over to Aspen Highlands and/or Aspen Mountain as well. Both are great, especially Highlands. Hike the bowl if you're up for it.

  7. #307
    Scott "Rufio" Feather DeacLaw05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hickory, N.C.
    Posts
    5,431
    My training involves a ton of cardio (functioning at 10,000 feet is no joke), core work, and wall sits. And you’re going to love Snowmass.

  8. #308
    Not Colorado or Utah, but will be making a trip out to Big Sky, Montana, likely in February. I have a client out in Bozeman who has been telling me to come out for a few years, and I’m finally going to take her up on it. Anyone ever been? The mountain looks like a monster, it’s supposedly never really full of crowds, and they get a ton of snow, so it seems like it should be a good time.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakelaw2006 View Post
    Not Colorado or Utah, but will be making a trip out to Big Sky, Montana, likely in February. I have a client out in Bozeman who has been telling me to come out for a few years, and I’m finally going to take her up on it. Anyone ever been? The mountain looks like a monster, it’s supposedly never really full of crowds, and they get a ton of snow, so it seems like it should be a good time.
    Just read back a few pages and a number of y’all seem to love Big Sky, but for getting there. I’m pretty stoked.

  10. #310
    Colonosnow...

  11. #311
    Headed to Breckenridge in Feb. First time skiing out west and first time skiing at all in at least 12 years - should be a fun-filled disaster...

  12. #312
    Scott "Rufio" Feather DeacLaw05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hickory, N.C.
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter84 View Post
    Headed to Breckenridge in Feb. First time skiing out west and first time skiing at all in at least 12 years - should be a fun-filled disaster...
    I had a 12 year break that I ended a few years back. A couple of quick runs, and you’ll be right back where you were before. Sort of like riding a bike.

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakelaw2006 View Post
    Not Colorado or Utah, but will be making a trip out to Big Sky, Montana, likely in February. I have a client out in Bozeman who has been telling me to come out for a few years, and I’m finally going to take her up on it. Anyone ever been? The mountain looks like a monster, it’s supposedly never really full of crowds, and they get a ton of snow, so it seems like it should be a good time.
    Heading there for Spring Break in late March with 4 other families. Never been...looking forward to it!

  14. #314
    i am so jealous of your big sky trips. It is amazing.

  15. #315
    Alta for me. Was going to go Christmas week, but it is seriously NOT snowing yet! Probably late February.

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by discdude View Post
    Colonosnow...
    Ugh, FML. I'm supposed to spend the 22-24 at Winter Park and it's not looking like that will be a great trip right now.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastdeac View Post
    Ugh, FML. I'm supposed to spend the 22-24 at Winter Park and it's not looking like that will be a great trip right now.
    Two systems are setting up this week. Either could put some pow down up there.

  18. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacLaw05 View Post
    I had a 12 year break that I ended a few years back. A couple of quick runs, and you’ll be right back where you were before. Sort of like riding a bike.
    Well, it is not like I was very good before... My buddy owns a penthouse ski-in ski-out condo at Breck so we will have a good time regardless.

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by discdude View Post
    Two systems are setting up this week. Either could put some pow down up there.
    I sure hope so. Having little ones (too young to ski) can make it a challenge to get time on the mountain.

  20. #320
    Scott "Rufio" Feather DeacLaw05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hickory, N.C.
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter84 View Post
    Well, it is not like I was very good before... My buddy owns a penthouse ski-in ski-out condo at Breck so we will have a good time regardless.
    Ski in-Ski Out can’t be beat. We stay at the Crestwood in Snowmass, and they have a ski concierge. They have your skis out waiting for you slopeside in the morning and a boot room with dryers at the end of the day. You put on your boots, walk 10 steps, snap into your skis, and head out. Easy to get spoiled that way, but it is great with young kids.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •