• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

Coming from the east coast, and taking the exchange rate into consideration, is Whistler any less expensive for a family trip than Colorado or Utah?

In other news, I saw that Snowbird just closed. Utah got off to a late start this year but certainly finished strong.

I have always thought that SLC was a bargain, when you factor in airfares, lodging (stay in SLC) and proximity to so many great areas.

I have always thought that SLC was a bargain, when you factor in airfares, lodging (stay in SLC) and proximity to so many great areas.

Definitely my favorite default destination - I love Alta, especially on the annual guys' trip.

Bump this thread up now that we’re into ski season. Who is making the westward trek this winter? I’ll be headed to Snowmass in late February. Just started the process of getting into ski shape last week. Hopefully the snow improves by then—it looks like it has been a slow start to the season.

Bump this thread up now that we’re into ski season. Who is making the westward trek this winter? I’ll be headed to Snowmass in late February. Just started the process of getting into ski shape last week. Hopefully the snow improves by then—it looks like it has been a slow start to the season.

In! Heading west to ski for the first time ever and hitting up Snowmass in early March for a honeymoon (fiancee loves to ski and grew up going to Colorado every couple years or so). I'm pretty pumped, and also need to start getting into ski shape, especially since I'm only used to these tiny slopes on the east coast.

Do a ton of wall sits. Seriously helps. Need to plan a trip sometime in mid-late Feb but am having a hard time getting people to commit with bachelor parties, weddings, etc.

Oh and Snowmass is awesome. Assuming you're there for a few days, head over to Aspen Highlands and/or Aspen Mountain as well. Both are great, especially Highlands. Hike the bowl if you're up for it.

My training involves a ton of cardio (functioning at 10,000 feet is no joke), core work, and wall sits. And you’re going to love Snowmass.

Not Colorado or Utah, but will be making a trip out to Big Sky, Montana, likely in February. I have a client out in Bozeman who has been telling me to come out for a few years, and I’m finally going to take her up on it. Anyone ever been? The mountain looks like a monster, it’s supposedly never really full of crowds, and they get a ton of snow, so it seems like it should be a good time.

Not Colorado or Utah, but will be making a trip out to Big Sky, Montana, likely in February. I have a client out in Bozeman who has been telling me to come out for a few years, and I’m finally going to take her up on it. Anyone ever been? The mountain looks like a monster, it’s supposedly never really full of crowds, and they get a ton of snow, so it seems like it should be a good time.

Just read back a few pages and a number of y’all seem to love Big Sky, but for getting there. I’m pretty stoked.

Headed to Breckenridge in Feb. First time skiing out west and first time skiing at all in at least 12 years - should be a fun-filled disaster...

Headed to Breckenridge in Feb. First time skiing out west and first time skiing at all in at least 12 years - should be a fun-filled disaster...

I had a 12 year break that I ended a few years back. A couple of quick runs, and you’ll be right back where you were before. Sort of like riding a bike.

Heading there for Spring Break in late March with 4 other families. Never been...looking forward to it!

i am so jealous of your big sky trips. It is amazing.

Alta for me. Was going to go Christmas week, but it is seriously NOT snowing yet! Probably late February.

I had a 12 year break that I ended a few years back. A couple of quick runs, and you’ll be right back where you were before. Sort of like riding a bike.

Well, it is not like I was very good before... My buddy owns a penthouse ski-in ski-out condo at Breck so we will have a good time regardless.

Well, it is not like I was very good before... My buddy owns a penthouse ski-in ski-out condo at Breck so we will have a good time regardless.

Ski in-Ski Out can’t be beat. We stay at the Crestwood in Snowmass, and they have a ski concierge. They have your skis out waiting for you slopeside in the morning and a boot room with dryers at the end of the day. You put on your boots, walk 10 steps, snap into your skis, and head out. Easy to get spoiled that way, but it is great with young kids.

Back