• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

I sure hope so. Having little ones (too young to ski) can make it a challenge to get time on the mountain.

Due in January...first year without a pass...already ready for him or her to be able to strap on so we can live the sweet colorady family life...going to miss it this year

not taking the family out west this year but am going to Vail in March on a semi-business related boondoggle. Should be fun. Never skied Vail before.

Two systems are setting up this week. Either could put some pow down up there.

Maybe my snow dances have been working. Heading to Aspen 12/29 for 5 days of skiing. I know they've been making snow, but a ton of fresh would be ideal.

Just read back a few pages and a number of y’all seem to love Big Sky, but for getting there. I’m pretty stoked.

I went to Big Sky in March 2017 for about 4-5 days. Happy to answer questions. I would definitely go back and may do so in 2018. Fantastic mountain, crowds are less. Amenities are definitely a bit less luxurious when compared to Vail, etc. Housing is way more affordable. Close to Yellowstone.

Headed to Breckenridge in Feb. First time skiing out west and first time skiing at all in at least 12 years - should be a fun-filled disaster...

I was 19 years between trips. You'll pick right back up where you left off. Since the hiatus I haven't missed a season in 5 years. Headed to Snowbasin in late January.

I used to be a three weeks out west a year guy thanks to dad's work meetings and family vacations. Haven't been in probably a decade. Miss it though. My skis are rotting away, leaned up against a wall in my house.

not taking the family out west this year but am going to Vail in March on a semi-business related boondoggle. Should be fun. Never skied Vail before.

Vail is yuge. but the backside bowls and BlueSky basin are pretty sweet areas of the resort. It pays to map out your days there ahead of time so you don't spend all you day trying to get from one area of the resort to the next. Have fun and pray for some Pow Pow.

Anyone ever skied Sunshine/Lake Louise and have any recs? In the early stages of planning a late Feb/early March trip and that is #1 on my radar right now. Have been in the summer, but never to ski.

As an FYI, I was shocked how cheap flights are to Calgary when compared to some of the other tough to get to locations like Jackson, Big Sky, etc. My sister can get there from Atlanta for under $300 round trip. They already have great snow too.

Anyone ever skied Sunshine/Lake Louise and have any recs? In the early stages of planning a late Feb/early March trip and that is #1 on my radar right now. Have been in the summer, but never to ski.

As an FYI, I was shocked how cheap flights are to Calgary when compared to some of the other tough to get to locations like Jackson, Big Sky, etc. My sister can get there from Atlanta for under $300 round trip. They already have great snow too.

I have but it has been a while, I remember liking Mt. Norquay the best out of the resorts out there. Lotsa steep terrain with little to no lift lines, think kinda of like Grand Targee compared with Jackson Hole.

I have but it has been a while, I remember liking Mt. Norquay the best out of the resorts out there. Lotsa steep terrain with little to no lift lines, think kinda of like Grand Targee compared with Jackson Hole.

Interesting. Was planning to skip that one, due to only 4 lifts (1 high speed), lower elevation, etc. Will have to reassess. Love Targhee.

Haven’t been in Winter but don’t try to make that drive at night if you can avoid it. The area between Calgary and Jasper/LL is completely desolate. I almost fell asleep at the wheel this summer trying to make it to our motel. It was the most quiet and darkest stretch of road I’ve ever been on.

Went to Breckinridge for a week ski trip. Broke my leg on the very first run very first day. 3 minutes of skiing at the MOST.

I'm such a loser.

Went to Breckinridge for a week ski trip. Broke my leg on the very first run very first day. 3 minutes of skiing at the MOST.

I'm such a loser.

Dang - that sucks. Sorry guitardeac.

Looks like it dumped in Aspen last night - hope it continues!

Nice powder in Winter Park this morning.
e1534e72969675d446181e90b50de6c0.jpg

Jealous of you guys out west. Anyone have a Patagonia shell? Got one for Christmas (Powder Bowl I believe), but was surprised how big it fits. I'm usually a large in any jacket, and an XL in some other clothes, but their large feels huge when I put it on. Is that normal/part of the designed fit?

Just back from 5 nights in Aspen and skiing Aspen Highlands 4 days. First time ever not seeing one flake of fresh snow from the skies, but temperature was good and mountain conditions were good considering the lack of snow. Hiked the bowl and skiied down Full Curl - glad to say I've done it once. Great town and trip - just wish there had been some fresh powpow while we were out there.

Back