• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

Just settling in at Steamboat - first trip with the whole family (of 4), although my oldest has been to Utah with me. Oldest can completely hold her own this year on the steep and fast runs so it should be a great weekend. Conditions looking good for Spring skiing.

Loveland is an easy day trip from Denver.

Plenty good skiing. Worst sunburn I’ve had as an adult. :(

Steamboat was perfect this morning - some of the best skiing ever. However, by late afternoon, there was lots of slush and thin spots at low elevations. I don’t know how much will survive the rains and warm temps of the coming week.

I don't get the appeal of loveland over abasin. Anyone care to explain?

I don't get the appeal of loveland over abasin. Anyone care to explain?

New years eve on a saturday...2 mile walk at keystone...45 minute lifts lines

My deepest line at loveland 2 people

A basin gets epic pass crowd and as others have said no pass dice play

Skied Big Sky for 6 days starting 3/31. Close to 3 ft of new snow for the week. One average day (April 5 was too foggy) and the rest were outstanding.

24" in the last 48 hrs at Snowbird/Alta - 19 in the last day. Will be a fun weekend up there.

Making the first turns of the season
526dac67fa534a3c5a63fd0ba749b5cf.jpg

24" in the last 48 hrs at Snowbird/Alta - 19 in the last day. Will be a fun weekend up there.

Only place I've lost skiing time to snow was Alta. 48 inches overnight and 60 inches in 24 hours. No skiing until snow cornices were shot down and avalanche danger was lessened.

Doing a week in Park City in February, so I got an Epic Local pass. Trying to figure out somewhere to go, probably end of January, to get a little more use out of the pass. Any thoughts on Heavenly, Kirkwood or Northstar in Tahoe? The other most likely option would be Vail or Beaver Creek, but I've skied both before.

Doing a week in Park City in February, so I got an Epic Local pass. Trying to figure out somewhere to go, probably end of January, to get a little more use out of the pass. Any thoughts on Heavenly, Kirkwood or Northstar in Tahoe? The other most likely option would be Vail or Beaver Creek, but I've skied both before.

Heavenly or Jackson Hole

Kirkwood was my favorite in Tahoe (15 years ago) due to generally being less crowded than the others (though we stayed mostly over on the left side of the mountain). That said, Heavenly had some great runs and scenery as well.

Telluride. Very much worth the time it takes to get there.

Was in PC this weekend. No one on the slopes thanks to Sundance. One day, we waited a whopping 2 minutes mid day at the Tombstone lift. All other times we skied right to lift itself.

Back