• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

Not a Skiier - But heading to Aspen for a couple days, any recs for other activities?

Not a Skiier - But heading to Aspen for a couple days, any recs for other activities?

420 and plenty of good food in Aspen

hit up the french alpine bistro/creperie du vilage if you can, I also really liked this place called meat and cheese

even if you don't ski, apres ski is always fun, and just drinking at altitude and watching people on the slopes.. could always go snowshoeing or ice skating if you're into that kinda thing, or go to snowmass (super easy to get to by bus if you don't want to drive) and hit up the alpine coaster

Or take one ski lesson, and enjoy it for the rest of your life. Not joking. You live close enough to great skiing that you need to do this.

I think the Aspen Preservation Society has an upcoming gala if that’s more your speed. The Icelandic Snow Owls aren’t going to save themselves.

There are certain muscles I have not exercised appropriately I don't feel like being sore for the next week. I end up sore for 2 days after a good cornhole afternoon. Tried to fix that a month or two back with an hour on the bike and 2 days later ended up having butthole surgery. Them the breaks.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a movie/TV quote from a dorky dude telling a sad story about himself and ending it with a phrase like "thems the breaks" that but that's not quite it, and it's been driving me crazy I can't place it for the past 10 mins, any help?

hit up the french alpine bistro/creperie du vilage if you can, I also really liked this place called meat and cheese

even if you don't ski, apres ski is always fun, and just drinking at altitude and watching people on the slopes.. could always go snowshoeing or ice skating if you're into that kinda thing, or go to snowmass (super easy to get to by bus if you don't want to drive) and hit up the alpine coaster

Could try cross country skiing

Didn’t specifically look for it, but I think I found the place you’re referring to?

f82d0654cd50e3d06867a0b376758517.jpg

There’s not all that much to do for four days so gonna have to give skiing a shot. Just not gonna do it until after the tasting menu I already paid for tomorrow night in case I break a hip

YES. You’ll be a little sore but so worth it. My teens had never skied before this week and now are wanting to try an expert slope today.

There are certain muscles I have not exercised appropriately I don't feel like being sore for the next week. I end up sore for 2 days after a good cornhole afternoon. Tried to fix that a month or two back with an hour on the bike and 2 days later ended up having butthole surgery. Them the breaks.

So in other words, you haven't exercised any muscles in a very long time.

Fell getting up onto the ski lift. Went up the mountain in the ski lift. Mountain was actually 4x longer than it looked. Passed by someone getting loaded onto a stetcher. Both me and the wife fell coming off the ski lift. She broke her poles. Went back down on the ski lift. Fuck that noise

Aspen is a tough mountain for a beginner. Snowmass is much more user friendly, imo.

Well there was the beginner course. I missed it though and went straight on the big one. And the sheer length of the mountain (buttermilk) was hidden from the bottom, and it was actually like 4x longer than it looked.

The difficulty in getting myself back up is where I just called it quits

This is easily the most overpriced town I’ve ever been around. Lessons are like $900, so we thought a YouTube video would cover it. We were able to score a refund on the equipment and lift tickets though, so at least the wife won’t be pissed for a month over me bailing

Went to that french place cookout recommended. There were some good things on the menu, and id like to go back, but we started with the cheese fondue and it was like $70 for cheese and a loaf of bread and an apple. And I don’t think I like cheese when it’s blended. Super bitter to me, strange choice for a signature dish.

Dinner last night was like $250 a person for a 4 course tasting menu with small portions. I don’t mind dropping $250 a person but it needs to be like 10 courses. I read the menu wrong online and thought it was like twenty courses, but no, it was pick one of 5 things per course.

Looking forward to Denver and getting back to My element of just playing some pinball

Last edited:
Lol. Why did you even go to Aspen in the first place ?

skiing is a top 3 douche white person activity

Milhouse, what activities are you into besides message board sniping? It seems like a bitter existence, man.

Back