• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

Not that I’m fashionable, but thinking about wearing fashionable winter clothes is fun. Also, I dig the coat check life.

Lol. Why did you even go to Aspen in the first place ?

For Biff pics

b591fb2d7c180c7acc9f6537394748a8.jpg

Pretty sure milhouse lost his mom in one of those combo ski & tennis stores when he was a little kid.

This is easily the most overpriced town I’ve ever been around. Lessons are like $900, so we thought a YouTube video would cover it. We were able to score a refund on the equipment and lift tickets though, so at least the wife won’t be pissed for a month over me bailing

Went to that french place cookout recommended. There were some good things on the menu, and id like to go back, but we started with the cheese fondue and it was like $70 for cheese and a loaf of bread and an apple. And I don’t think I like cheese when it’s blended. Super bitter to me, strange choice for a signature dish.

Dinner last night was like $250 a person for a 4 course tasting menu with small portions. I don’t mind dropping $250 a person but it needs to be like 10 courses. I read the menu wrong online and thought it was like twenty courses, but no, it was pick one of 5 things per course.

Looking forward to Denver and getting back to My element of just playing some pinball

Yeah, there's ski towns, and then there's Aspen.

You really pay to be in Aspen. Staying in downtown Salt Lake City, and driving up to Alta is the way to go.

How do you structure a ski trip with a wife who is just learning to ski? As in, she skis slowly on greens and the occasional blue, where I'm on mostly blacks/double blacks. Do I just suck it up and ski with her the whole trip? Do we both take a full day lesson based on our ability level?

Make a deal to ski with her 2 hours per day, and then go shred on your own.

buy her a spa day on 2 days instead of lift tickets; will cost about the same and you'll get a couple of days for yourself.

How do you structure a ski trip with a wife who is just learning to ski? As in, she skis slowly on greens and the occasional blue, where I'm on mostly blacks/double blacks. Do I just suck it up and ski with her the whole trip? Do we both take a full day lesson based on our ability level?

Get her a day of lessons and then you're guaranteed one day to shred. Then maybe split the day - a few hours with her and then a few runs on your own and meet for apres?

Was -10° yesterday at the bottom of Arapahoe Basin. Pretty empty though, which is surprising on a holiday week/blackout day.

Plama, I'll be at the ping pong bar in Denver today if you're around. Lol

Was -10° yesterday at the bottom of Arapahoe Basin. Pretty empty though, which is surprising on a holiday week/blackout day.

Plama, I'll be at the ping pong bar in Denver today if you're around. Lol

Ace eat serve? Doing the monet exhibit at 12:30 then meeting a wake friend at 6 for dinner but it’s actually doable, and the wife and I like to play ping pong. What time?

Looks like it’s a half mile from my hotel. I’m right next to the barcade.

Back