• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

our place at big sky week before christmas was only $4k so i've got that going for me. which is nice.

Well that will run you $1200+ a night Christmas week, if you're into that. I'd recommend AirBnB/VRBO, as every hotel is going to gouge you (even more than usual).

I tend to agree but with two newborns and a non-skier wife, hotel amenities and restaurants are key.

anyone ever used these rental delivery services? Looking at Black Tie and Ski Butlers and trying to decide if that's a better choice than just renting from the resort.

Have a ski trip planned for February, it has been a while since I've been. Need to get decent ski apparel, is Amazon the way to go? Or should I take the safer route and shell out for more legit stuff?

heading out to Whitefish Mountain Resort in Montana for MLK Week. So fucking pumped.

heading to big sky with the fam the week pre-christmas. They open next week so should have some decent snow.

Just booked a long weekend in Alta in February (first time), the stoke is high!

Have a ski trip planned for February, it has been a while since I've been. Need to get decent ski apparel, is Amazon the way to go? Or should I take the safer route and shell out for more legit stuff?

i can't really offer much help. last year was the first time my wife and i were on skis since hs or college maybe. we're both pretty mediocre but took the kids for their first day trip last winter. we're in no virginia so 90 min or so up to a small place in penn. kids loved it so we bought a few day passes for this winter.

i say all that because we decided to get used stuff for the kids and maybe us this weekend. the local ski shop buys back kids stuff at 50% each year to trade up sizes. wife and i sprung for some mid level, non-advanced stuff for ourselves. this is not a cheap activity. holy shit.

Backcountry.com and steapandcheap.com

Get proven, name brand stuff. There’s nothing like the discomfort of cheap gear when it matters.

When I was a kid we got our stuff from Burlington Coat Factory for our first ski trip. Once it became more of a routine we upgraded.

UT/CO need to start getting the goods. They had a great early season, but all the storms are hitting the PNW/CA now. Tacking on a long weekend at some combo of the Cottonwood resorts after work starting 12/10.

Anyone know the site where you can see historic snowfall amounts by year? Big Sky is looking really bare right now and we are just 3 weeks out from being there, so trying to see if this is normal.

Anyone know the site where you can see historic snowfall amounts by year? Big Sky is looking really bare right now and we are just 3 weeks out from being there, so trying to see if this is normal.

snowpak.com?

nope. i tried onthesnow and it has monthly totals, but there used to be a graph that overlaid yearly totals so you could see how this year was stacking up.

anyone ever used these rental delivery services? Looking at Black Tie and Ski Butlers and trying to decide if that's a better choice than just renting from the resort.

Yes, did it at Big Sky when there with a big group. There's a premium, but sooooo convenient, especially if you're in a ski in/out place. And if you need something adjusted, they'll meet you at the bottom of the hill. Nice...

Is there anywhere worth going right now? I have some unexpected time off.

RIGHT now? Banff is almost fully open but I don't think much in the US has a lot of snow yet. Most places seem to be 5-10% open.

Back