• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

skiing at Copper over the weekend was fantastic. 3" of fresh untracked powder on Saturday morning and phenomenal weather. My boys had a blast.

Dads and sons trip to Alta late last week and it was outstanding. Snowed all day Thursday and Friday...then bluebird on Saturday. Left on an early flight from GSO and was on the slopes just after noon. If your focus is skiing (and not shopping, spas, etc.), I highly recommend Gold Miner's Daughter. The convenience to rentals, lifts, meals...is unmatched.

Dads and sons trip to Alta late last week and it was outstanding. Snowed all day Thursday and Friday...then bluebird on Saturday. Left on an early flight from GSO and was on the slopes just after noon. If your focus is skiing (and not shopping, spas, etc.), I highly recommend Gold Miner's Daughter. The convenience to rentals, lifts, meals...is unmatched.

Posrep for proper use of bluebird.

family is staying in Park City for the week, and planning to drive to Alta for skiing for a few days. first time. any recommendations for food, eating in vs. restaurants, not looking for high end, thanks

Bump for upcoming season planning. Just booked a trip to Steamboat, CO. My first time out west!

Nice bump. The Rockies have been getting slammed this week. Boss bought me an Ikon pass, so I'm looking forward to getting in at least 10 days on the slopes this year. The list of destinations on it is pretty ridiculously awesome.

Just booked a long weekend at Taos in February; can't wait.

we have our family trip booked for Big Sky the week before Christmas. We are pumped.

Booked a short trip to Crested Butte with some DKE frat bros. Anyone been there?

Went there once 7-8 years ago. Remember it being tough to get to (connecting flight plus an hour or so drive), but a really cool little town and mountain. We got unlucky and had a terrible snow year, so a lot of the expert terrain was not open. They had an awesome "ice bar" on the mountain made entirely out of carved ice. Hitting the terrain park after several cocktails there was fun, and likely not smart/safe.

Booked a short trip to Crested Butte with some DKE frat bros. Anyone been there?

Yep, Knew some people who went to Western State in Gunnison.

Shit is in the middle of no where, but the skiing is great/beautiful. You have to drive through Monarch Pass which can be tricky if you make the drive from Denver.

Yep, Knew some people who went to Western State in Gunnison.

Shit is in the middle of no where, but the skiing is great/beautiful. You have to drive through Monarch Pass which can be tricky if you make the drive from Denver.

Flying into Montrose Airport -- have a Tahoe to drive to CB and will have to get a shuttle back.

DeacDiggler-

We are heading to Big Sky in mid-January. We went last year and had a great time.

Check out the Yurt dinner on the Big Sky website under dining options. This was a fantastic dinner/experience but the capacity is only 32 per night so you have to make your rerservations now as it gets booked early.

apparently that's a good call - already sold out for our week. thanks though.

Who has Park City recs for hotel and such? Can’t do telluride because of Riley Skinner and Tanner Price, so looking at lower elevation mountains for Christmas. Is Marriott the way to go?

Who has Park City recs for hotel and such? Can’t do telluride because of Riley Skinner and Tanner Price, so looking at lower elevation mountains for Christmas. Is Marriott the way to go?

We stayed at Hotel Park City once and it was great. It's a Marriott Autograph Collection.

Well that will run you $1200+ a night Christmas week, if you're into that. I'd recommend AirBnB/VRBO, as every hotel is going to gouge you (even more than usual).

Back