• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

Another nice storm this weekend. Snowmass reported 8” overnight, and another 5” has fallen today according to their webcam/snow stake. Forecasts are for fairly frequent storms through early February. We’re headed out exactly one month from today.

Any first hand reports from the board?

I was at Breckenridge over the weekend (Th-Sat) - skiied through the snowstorm on Sat. - they must have gotten a foot or so of new powder. This was my first trip out west so I can't compare, but I thought Breck was awesome. My buddy has a ski-in ski-out condo at the bottom of Peak 9 so that was super convenient! I haven't skiied in 20 years so I mostly stayed on the blues - we covered Peak 9 and Peak 7. The guys I was with did all the crazy stuff at the top and had a great time up there. Some of the lifts at the very top were closed one day due to wind.

Heading to Banff/Lake Louise next Thursday. It's freaking cold there. Doesn't look like it will get above 20 any day. They've gotten awesome snow this year though, so we're pretty pumped.

Getting two days at Vail at the beginning of March. Never skied Vail. Recommendations on which runs/areas I should make sure to hit? I'm a decent skier who enjoys big bowls, bumps and trees but am not a cliff-jumper.

You'll want to spend almost all your time on the Back Bowls/Blue Sky Basin, assuming the snow is decent.

Heading to Banff/Lake Louise next Thursday. It's freaking cold there. Doesn't look like it will get above 20 any day. They've gotten awesome snow this year though, so we're pretty pumped.

Would love to hear about your trip when you get back, I am headed there in late March.

22” at Snowmass yesterday—Weather guy on OpenSnow says that is pretty much all you can get in Colorado in a 24 hour period. 51” there in the last week.

Sitting in Houston waiting on a connection to Aspen. Would have been there by now if my original flight wasn’t cancelled. Looks like we were victimized by the consolidation of two less-than-full flights (we were able to immediately get seats on the later flight—I love airlines). As long as I’m snapping into my bindings in the morning all will be forgiven...

Also, there is a bunch of Texas A&M stuff in the airport gift shop. Conspicuously absent are any “Belk Bowl Champions” t-shirts.

Sitting in Houston waiting on a connection to Aspen. Would have been there by now if my original flight wasn’t cancelled. Looks like we were victimized by the consolidation of two less-than-full flights (we were able to immediately get seats on the later flight—I love airlines). As long as I’m snapping into my bindings in the morning all will be forgiven...

Also, there is a bunch of Texas A&M stuff in the airport gift shop. Conspicuously absent are any “Belk Bowl Champions” t-shirts.

Nice - 3 feet in the last week for you, with some more coming. Heading to Banff tomorrow. They have had an unreal snow year, but are a little light in the last week/coming days. Hopefully we'll get lucky.

Suckers. Planning a trip to Snowshoe this weekend. 65 and thunderstorms. May have to eat the $1100 VRBO...

Snow conditions at Snowmass the last three days have been fantastic. Got into some shin deep powder first thing this morning after a decent storm last night.

b4d898d9fc88cc4265234430e98e8743.jpg

Bluebird afternoon at Snowmass!

b4d898d9fc88cc4265234430e98e8743.jpg

Bluebird afternoon at Snowmass!

Love the fam shot. Man, I am sitting here with the newborn,and my pow time has taken a big ole hit to zero, but damn I cannot wait to start shredding some gnar pow with him.

disc, I have a 4-year-old granddaughter, and I feel the same way. One more year, and I'm taking her to Alta!

disc, I have a 4-year-old granddaughter, and I feel the same way. One more year, and I'm taking her to Alta!

Dude you can get her out at 4. I am trying to push for 2 to start....wife might not be chill with that

It just didn't work out this season, but I agree, the earlier the better!

Oldest will be 3 next season; hoping to start her at ski school then.

We started our son early and he loves it. Our daughter not so much. She just doesn't like it even though she's a good little skier. Sigh. My dreams of family ski trips gone. I guess I will just have to settle for father son trips.

Back