• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

Damn, I was gonna ski next Fri-Sun in Utah after work, but it's an incredibly dry January out west. Doesn't even look like any good chase opportunities if I wanted to hop a flight somewhere else from SLC.

Damn, I was gonna ski next Fri-Sun in Utah after work, but it's an incredibly dry January out west. Doesn't even look like any good chase opportunities if I wanted to hop a flight somewhere else from SLC.

Direct flight from SLC to Kalispell. Come on up to whitefish. I’ve had a good week here. Bluebird day followed immediately by fresh powder day yesterday.

Direct flight from SLC to Kalispell. Come on up to whitefish. I’ve had a good week here. Bluebird day followed immediately by fresh powder day yesterday.

I've just gotten spoiled with good snow. Nowhere looks to have it next weekend (though most everywhere will have good bases). Probably will just enjoy a relaxing bluebird day or two at Solitude/Brighton. Only snow in the forecast I see is at Whistler - will keep an eye on that.

there's no easy way to get to whistler is there? Vancouver and then drive?

there's no easy way to get to whistler is there? Vancouver and then drive?

That’s the best. When I lived in Tacoma I drove from there a number of times. Beautiful drive. I think from Seattle it was about 5 hours compared to 3 or so from Vancouver. There’s also a train that goes from the airport to Whistler but I can’t speak for it as I’ve never taken it.

One of the best places in the world to ski imo.

Just got back from 8-day trip to Salt Lake City. I can confirm that snow is urgently needed. the last significant storm was the weekend of January 7. The canyon resorts, Alta, Solitude, Snowbird, and Brighton were good, but not great. Forget about Park City, Deer Valley.

Supposed to go out to Park City in 2 weeks but damn the weather pattern looks awful. Snow legit looks better at Sugar right now

I've been skiing the Wasatch front for 30 years, and I don't remember a drier January. Keep the faith and think snow!

Heading to Alta in a week. First time, no matter the conditions, the stoke is high!

Solitude and Brighton were surprisingly decent today. Even hiked for some powder turns. 100% open, though a few bare areas.

I’ll likely be at Park City the first week of March. I’m hoping for some late season snows.

How easy is it to shoot over to Solitide and Brighton? Hour drive?

Solid weekend at Winter Park - there was some snow Thursday morning which freshened things up for Friday morning. Saturday was a nice day as well - blue bird conditions both days made it nice to get out. I think there was probably still pockets of powder to find, but I'm a beginner so I happily lapped groomers all weekend.

Going to Keystone in March. We won’t be doing much skiing but we will be doing some other snow activities. I’d appreciate any suggestions.

Wife has the flu and wants to cancel Breckenridge trip. Son has a basketball tournament that she scheduled over and he is fine with bagging the trip. My daughter wants to invite friends and have me chaperone rather than cancel.

Negotiations will commence tomorrow when wife hopefully recovers somewhat.

What in the actual fuck. I’ll go if you need people to go ski.

Yeah, I'm working right now to try to get shit done before I leave Thursday morning while my wife hasn't puked in 24 hours.

I'm also out of gummies and need to to to Colorado.

Also, skiing related. My daughter turned on The Parent Trap before she went to bed and Natasha Richardson was pretty hot before she banged her head and died.

Dang, no helmet, beginners trail, with an instructor, banged her head on hard-packed snow. She was fine initially but two hours later had a terrible headache. Died two days later of an epidural hematoma. Makes me realize how lucky so many of us are skiing for years without a helmet with a bunch of idiots in NC or on more difficult terrain out west.

Going to Keystone in March. We won’t be doing much skiing but we will be doing some other snow activities. I’d appreciate any suggestions.

Check out Outer Range Brewing over in Frisco - they make top notch beers. The coffee shop that shares space with the brewery is great too, if you happen to be on that side of town and looking for coffee.

Back