• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

It's just a dismal year out west so far for snow. Heading to Alta in February, so it better start snowing soon!

It's just a dismal year out west so far for snow. Heading to Alta in February, so it better start snowing soon!

Alta gets like 450" a year and so far they are stuck at 80". Ugh. Alta is so money. Love that place. Where do you stay?

Just ditched my January dudes trip to Telluride and re-directed it to Big Sky. Feel free to weigh in on Big Sky...

Damn. We're going to Telluride last week of January. Nervous about the lack of snow. Went to Big Sky last year. It was my first time out west, but really enjoyed it. We are mostly blue / black skiers, so I can't comment on the super challenging terrain. Looks like they are the one area actually getting snow this year.

Damn. We're going to Telluride last week of January. Nervous about the lack of snow. Went to Big Sky last year. It was my first time out west, but really enjoyed it. We are mostly blue / black skiers, so I can't comment on the super challenging terrain. Looks like they are the one area actually getting snow this year.

Snowpack at like 29% in that part of the state...brutal winter thus far out here...

Lots of fresh powder in New England! Downtown Boston skiing probably so nice right now.

Lots of fresh powder in New England! Downtown Boston skiing probably so nice right now.

Jokes aside, skiing in the Northeast has gotta be the best they've had in many years, especially once the brutal cold subsides.

We booked the trip to Banff/Lake Louise in late February. Will be a lot of work to get there, but hopefully well worth it. Great snow there compared to the U.S. and unbelievable scenery, from what I remember in the summer.

Big Sky was my first big mountain skiing experience 20+ years ago. Amazing. I need to go back to Wyoming and ski Big Sky and Targhee again, and hit Jackson Hole which I've never done.

CH, I travel by myself so I usually stay in downtown SLC and commute to Alta as well as the other areas. Solitude and Deer Valley rank second and third after Alta.

Just ditched my January dudes trip to Telluride and re-directed it to Big Sky. Feel free to weigh in on Big Sky...

Very cool in the summer. Never been during ski season. Hope that helps. ;)

Nice storm came through Colorado over the weekend (8-9” at Snowmass, Vail, Steamboat) and another one cranking up tomorrow that should drop between a foot and a foot and a half over a couple of days. Weather guys out there are saying there is a stormier pattern for the end of the month, too.

The OpenSnow website is pretty good for following western snow.

Nice storm came through Colorado over the weekend (8-9” at Snowmass, Vail, Steamboat) and another one cranking up tomorrow that should drop between a foot and a foot and a half over a couple of days. Weather guys out there are saying there is a stormier pattern for the end of the month, too.

The OpenSnow website is pretty good for following western snow.

Yup on OpenSnow, and don’t worry about premium. Long-terms are so volatile. Also, I would recommend weather 5280 as a blog around potential DIA or front range storm issues if the trip is on the horizon.

Another nice storm this weekend. Snowmass reported 8” overnight, and another 5” has fallen today according to their webcam/snow stake. Forecasts are for fairly frequent storms through early February. We’re headed out exactly one month from today.

Any first hand reports from the board?

Just got back from Big Sky yesterday. Great mountain and the snow was amazing. Still can't believe how few skiers were on the mountain on Thurs/Fri/Sat. The longest lift line was about 4 deep. Unreal.

Just got back from Big Sky yesterday. Great mountain and the snow was amazing. Still can't believe how few skiers were on the mountain on Thurs/Fri/Sat. The longest lift line was about 4 deep. Unreal.

My February trip got pushed to March, but will be out there the last weekend in March. Really looking forward to it.

Headed out a week from tomorrow. They have reported 28” at Snowmass since Saturday, and are calling for more. I’m jazzed...

Back