• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Elizabeth Warren is awesome thread

2.13_-_Running_Zack.png

Childress, I am now approaching 300 years of age and am still an idiot. Evidently, the older I get, the more confused my thought process becomes.

Yeah if weren't for the MSM Dean would have gone down as one of the truly great presidents and no one would have any problems with Bob Knight.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

I'm also sorry you have such a hatred for professional school. It makes sense for some people but it's surely not for everyone. I worked for 4 years after school and decided I wanted a career change. My career of choice required additional schooling so I went back. Not sure why that bothers you so much.

Childress, you are now approaching 30 years of age and still going to school. Evidently, the longer you go to school the more confused your thought process becomes. The purpose of my post to which you just responded was not to support the idea that Howard Dean was exactly the right candidate at exactly the right time, but rather to point out how the two of you allowed the media to completely manipulate your thinking about Howard Dean so that you basically give a Pavlovian response with that knee-jerk youtube clip whenever Dean's name is mentioned.

Do you still not understand how this shows that the media is still yanking your chain, ten years after the fact?

ETA: The media did exactly the same thing with the Bob Knight chair toss, which happened almost 30 years ago now. The media has successfully defined him with many people by showing that one clip thousands of times over the years. However, you & deacphan should be smarter than to be taken in by that kind of tactic.

If not for that video footage of Knight throwing the chair, no one would have believed he was a lunatic who can't control his temper and function in society like a responsible adult. God damn media.

It always cracks me up how incredibly judgmental bkf is about people, often based on incorrect assumptions that he concocts from this board, yet if it involves one of his heroes, no amount of video evidence is sufficient to cast any doubt.

It always cracks me up how incredibly judgmental bkf is about people, often based on incorrect assumptions that he concocts from this board, yet if it involves one of his heroes, no amount of video evidence is sufficient to cast any doubt.

that's because he's the master jimmy rustler.

one of my favorite posters

That's a whole lot of words to not at all support that Howard Dean was just the right candidate at just the right time.

If you want to claim that it was a mistake to re-elect Bush you won't get much argument from me.

If you want to claim that Kerry wasn't the best candidate the democrats could have put forward, again I won't disagree.

But if you want to convince people that Howard Dean was one of our rare opportunities for a truly great president, you're going to have to offer more than Bush Sucked.

yeah, this

That actually got around the minority community more than you think. I had friends making fun of her. It'll definitely be an issue in any national election and will cause problems either way it's played....for her or for defining "minority"

LOL.....based on her claims/standards, I'm American Indian too. Can't we just all get along?

Im going to have to do some googling. Im fairly informed and I only vaguely remember there being something about a NAtive American claim snafu.

That said, I usually HATE when people claim to be part Native American because so many of the claims are bullshit that I now just disbelieve them all. Here is a great article basically confirming that every black person who claims to be part Native American is full of shit. I wish I had an article that took on all the random white chicks I've met who have claimed to be 1/16th Cherokee princess.

Im going to have to do some googling. Im fairly informed and I only vaguely remember there being something about a NAtive American claim snafu.

That said, I usually HATE when people claim to be part Native American because so many of the claims are bullshit that I now just disbelieve them all. Here is a great article basically confirming that every black person who claims to be part Native American is full of shit. I wish I had an article that took on all the random white chicks I've met who have claimed to be 1/16th Cherokee princess.

#lumbees

And, evidently, still lacking in the capacity for analytical intellectual thought....a full ten years after the fact....since you still do not seem to understand how easily a powerful media duped you and manipulated your thought process in one of the most important elections in this nation's history. One might understand how the uneducated masses were so easily taken in, but it is disappointing that people educated at one of the nation's finest universities like you & Childress still do not understand how you were played.

The 2004 election was a disaster, not a joke. This nation stood at a crossroads in history and took a disastrous wrong turn. As a result of that election, the ensuing years saw this nation suffer thousands of additional casualties & the waste of trillions of additional tax dollars in a war in Iraq that should never have taken place. It saw the passage of tax laws that accelerated what was already a dangerous trend of income & wealth inequality in the country. It saw the passage of the poorly named "Patriot Act" that began to dismantle our citizen's civil liberties. And, finally, it saw a corrupt financial industry completely unbridled so that its greed eventually put the entire U.S. economy on the brink of total collapse by October, 2008.

And even with the benefit of ten years of hindsight during which you have been able to witness the carnage resulting from that election, you still think that it's cute to put up that silly reminder to show everyone how easily your thought process could be controlled....and in so doing indicate that you still don't understand how you were duped? Sad, indeed.

What would have turned out differently if a Democrat had won in 2004? The financial crisis was set into motion in the early 1990's and its causes were exacerbated by both parties. Obama has continued spending on the Iraq war and use of the Patriot Act. (Costs would have gone up when the Democrats opposed the troop surge in 2008.) Not to mention the fact that "wealth inequality" has sky rocked during the past 6 years.

Elizabeth Warren is just a pipe dream for people who still want to blame Bush. The only candidate that I want the Democrats to run more than her is Joe Biden.

I wasn't talking about "a" Democrat. I was talking about Howard Dean.

The financial crisis was put on steroids with the fiscal & regulatory policies of the Bush/Cheney Administrations....though I won't deny that both political parties have been culpable over the years. This is the result you get when lobbyists & money control the political system.

And Obama has disappointed progressives with his policies regarding Iraq, which have amounted to, basically, a 3rd Bush Administration. He also disappointed progressives when he caved to the Republicans on the public option in what he should have known was a hopeless attempt to get them to engage on his healthcare overhaul. What the country really needs regarding healthcare is a single payer system. Howard Dean said that over & over & over....and most people understand that he was right. Once again, though, lobbyists, big pharma & the insurance industry sabotaged what was best for the country to protect their own narrow interests....and made sure that Howard Dean was taken down in the process.

It is important to remember, though, that if Howard Dean had been elected in 2004 it is unlikely that Barack Obama would have ever become president in the first place. If that had happened (including only 4 years of Bush/Cheney), this country would be in a very different situation today. All the problems wouldn't have gone away, of course, but we would be a hell of a lot better off than we are now.

What problems would Dean have not been able to fix?

Hillary is very vulnerable. Inevitability is her best asset and it already failed her in 2008.

Back