• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Elizabeth Warren is awesome thread

I can't wait till this sham of an economy comes crashing down and fucks you ideologues right in the face. It's the reason I refuse to invest dick long term. We're living on borrowed time. We have learned nothing from 2008. At this point, we might be worse.

It's embarrassing how stupid you people are. Either that or you're full of shit and don't actually care at all about our society. In that case, hopefully your debt-saddled grandchildren will kill you off.

OK, you will die poor if you make investing decisions based on your paranoid worldview. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Last edited:
Hulka, the fines would apply to a portion of settlements, so it's not really like civil forfeiture at all. Now whether it'd increase BS prosecutions is a fair question but I think it's unlikely to be a significant increase. Pharma's a huge political industry and I have a hard time seeing DOJ ginning up a lot of bogus prosecutions to benefit NIH.

I can't wait till this sham of an economy comes crashing down and fucks you ideologues right in the face. It's the reason I refuse to invest dick long term. We're living on borrowed time. We have learned nothing from 2008. At this point, we might be worse.

It's embarrassing how stupid you people are. Either that or you're full of shit and don't actually care at all about our society. In that case, hopefully your debt-saddled grandchildren will kill you off.

Brasky '16

Brasky self confidence > *

It may be a small difference, but when you run afoul of federal regulations or codes, the government can treat you as guilty until proven innocent. The areas that come to mind are the EPA, IRS and DEA. Each one of those agencies can take your stuff without ever charging you with breaking the law. I am sure that any number of the accountants or lawyers on this board can relay horror stories of dealing with the IRS. It is why they may be the most feared government agency. There are a litany of stories about the EPA fining people and those same people having to spend millions on legal fees to fight the EPA.

I just feel that any time a government agent or agency can get $$ without having to prove anything first (They can just charge these companies, impose the fine and theoretically the company would have to pay or at least pay to fight it in court), it is too tempting and should be guarded against. Lastly, where is the responsibility of the FDA in this whole deal? Supposedly, they are already an agency tasked with preventing this kind of thing from happening.

My main problem with this is this provision from the post above, "and settle lawsuits brought against them by the federal government."

So your problem is with the criminal justice system as a whole. Government typically brings charges against people and government decides if people are at fault.

It bothers me when people see legitimate problems with government only when it comes to protecting the rich.

All Federal Reserve bubbles eventually pop. The true value of something eventually resets itself after the government has robbed everyone it can of their life savings through "quantitative easing" and given it to their friends in business. Don't let that deter you from investing in US and world business. It will always eventually bounce back. Remember, these people control the money supply. In fact young people today should welcome the coming asset value funny monopoly money crash. When it happens, mortgage your house, sell your car, do whatever you can to pour $$ into stocks before the government reinflates everything to Alice-in-Wonderland levels again. Be the 1%.

Many people have such a drastic misunderstanding of our debt situation.

1. People make analogies about household debt. They don't work. Households need to acquire assets to cover for a long period of time when the breadwinners don't work. A country, and especially this one, will just about always have increases in the GDP. This and inflation will always make the debt that is incurred now a smaller relative liability in the future. You can manage debt on a national level very effectively in this manner.

2. Do you know who will own the debt that will supposedly ruin our grandchildren? Our grandchildren will own most of it.

Now that doesn't mean that we don't need to manage debt to maintain reasonable interest carrying costs, but debt at these insanely low borrowing costs is a great financing decision for a company or a country.

So your problem is with the criminal justice system as a whole. Government typically brings charges against people and government decides if people are at fault.

It bothers me when people see legitimate problems with government only when it comes to protecting the rich.

This is getting tedious. It has nothing to do with rich/poor, class, race, etc. It also has little to do with the CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM. In that system, you are charged with a crime and are presumed innocent and the burden of proof is on the government to prove their case.

In the case of the IRS thinking you didn't pay all of your taxes, you are charged with not complying with IRS codes and it is incumbent upon you to prove that you did comply. They do not have to prove a thing. They can then seize your assets (house, business, bank accounts, etc) and you would have to sue them to get anything back. The same is true of the EPA, if they feel that you have not used your private land in accordance with EPA regulations, they can fine you x amount per day and if you do not prove that you are innocent, you are on the hook for the fines.

So the police can't seize the assets of someone who is "innocent until proven guilty." That just happens to people targeted by the evil IRS and EPA.

It's amazing the lies people tell themselves to maintain their point of view.

Many people have such a drastic misunderstanding of our debt situation.

1. People make analogies about household debt. They don't work. Households need to acquire assets to cover for a long period of time when the breadwinners don't work. A country, and especially this one, will just about always have increases in the GDP. This and inflation will always make the debt that is incurred now a smaller relative liability in the future. You can manage debt on a national level very effectively in this manner.

2. Do you know who will own the debt that will supposedly ruin our grandchildren? Our grandchildren will own most of it.

Now that doesn't mean that we don't need to manage debt to maintain reasonable interest carrying costs, but debt at these insanely low borrowing costs is a great financing decision for a company or a country.

1. Having the Fed water down the money does indeed make huge debts disappear. It also makes your paycheck and your savings disappear, transferring these items mostly to the people who get the first crack at the newly conjured up money, Goldman Sachs and Associates, their political cronies, and the rest of the 1%.

who_owns_the_federal_debt_mar_14_large.png

So the police can't seize the assets of someone who is "innocent until proven guilty." That just happens to people targeted by the evil IRS and EPA.

It's amazing the lies people tell themselves to maintain their point of view.

I neither the time nor energy to argue with you (you have a bottomless well of energy for this kind of shit). I did not say that. they certainly can. However the difference is that the police have to Charge you with breaking a LAW before they can take your shit. Then to prove your innocence, you can get a court appointed attorney. The IRS and EPA do not have to charge you with anything and you are not entitled to a court appointed attorney to sue to get your stuff back. My point, which you seem not to understand or choose not to understand, is that ALL government instruments should be kept on a VERY short leash and any time they can overstep their bounds for gain (be it financial, ideological, feel like they are doing the right thing), they will likely do it (See NSA/everyone). (See FBI/MLK).

Now, time for another break!

Any time anyone can overstep their bounds for gain they will likely do it. This goes for government, big corporations, or your local cobbler.

1. Having the Fed water down the money does indeed make huge debts disappear. It also makes your paycheck and your savings disappear, transferring these items mostly to the people who get the first crack at the newly conjured up money, Goldman Sachs and Associates, their political cronies, and the rest of the 1%.

who_owns_the_federal_debt_mar_14_large.png

1. Yep, if you hoard money under a mattress it will devalue. If you invest it in productive assets, its growth will far outpace inflation. That being said, standards of living have magnified over the past 100 years as the value of a dollar has drastically decreased, yet this seems to be a primary fear of the Austrian economics crowd.

2. So 66% is owed to ourselves. Most.

Last edited:
1. Yep, if you hoard money under a mattress it will devalue. If you invest it in productive assets, its growth will far outpace inflation. That being said, standards of living have magnified over the past 100 years as the value of a dollar has drastically decreased, yet this seems to be a primary fear of the Austrian economics crowd.

2. So 66% is owed to ourselves. Most.

1. If you invest it with the money men who benefit from the watering down of money you will probably outpace inflation. The 1% will do well. If you are risk averse, you will have your savings stolen.

2. "Federal Accounts" is not ourselves. It is the Social Security lie which young people are going to pay through the nose for. The domestic, private investors, is the risk averse part of the economy I was talking about earlier who are willing to invest for ten years at less than 2%. "We" will end up paying OWGs, the Chinese, and the 1% when and if interest rates ever normalize.

1. If you invest it with the money men who benefit from the watering down of money you will probably outpace inflation. The 1% will do well. If you are risk averse, you will have your savings stolen.

2. "Federal Accounts" is not ourselves. It is the Social Security lie which young people are going to pay through the nose for. The domestic, private investors, is the risk averse part of the economy I was talking about earlier who are willing to invest for ten years at less than 2%. "We" will end up paying OWGs, the Chinese, and the 1% when and if interest rates ever normalize.

Or, in other words, ourselves, your rhetoric not withstanding.

You will not be paying yourself if you are not retired, your rhetoric notwithstanding. You will be paying OW women and their consorts who are still alive.

You will not be paying yourself if you are not retired, your rhetoric notwithstanding. You will be paying OW women and their consorts who are still alive.
We have no idea how that will be funded or if benefits will be shaved, but its net impact on us wealth is zero.

We have no idea how that will be funded or if benefits will be shaved, but its net impact on us wealth is zero.

Then quit saving for your retirement. Have your estate write you an IOU for $20 million and have your children pay you the interest on that IOU.

Back