• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Elizabeth Warren is awesome thread

Then quit saving for your retirement. Have your estate write you an IOU for $20 million and have your children pay you the interest on that IOU.

I'm sure you also spend 40% of your budget on defending your home.

“Few tricks of the unsophisticated intellect are more curious than the naïve psychology of the business man, who ascribes his achievements to his own unaided efforts, in bland unconsciousness of a social order without whose continuous support and vigilant protection he would be as a lamb bleating in the desert.”

-R.H. Tawney

guy looks like an asshole

r_h_t.jpg

Hmm so apparently drug companies marketing drugs for off-label use is illegal. Dunno how I feel about that. Still think the Medical Innovation Act would be a net positive, though.

I mean, I get it. Approval would be meaningless otherwise. But there's also a non-zero number of drugs with good off-label uses.

But should the companies be able to promote them as such? Would they be liable if they don't work as advertised?

It's a grey area. Get buzzfeed to throw up a lifehack that Robitussin can fuel jet engines. No need for the manufacture to promote it.

wasn't aware that off-label use extended to non-medical use. not sure promoting Robitussin Jet Fuel would breaking that law.

But should the companies be able to promote them as such? Would they be liable if they don't work as advertised?

It's a grey area. Get buzzfeed to throw up a lifehack that Robitussin can cure Super AIDS. No need for the manufacture to promote it.

Edited in response.

robitussin is fine. not sure i'd use the generic though

As much as I'd like to see Warren run for President, it's probably more important that she work on things like this.

The Obama administration and top congressional liberals this week are formally embracing a new big-money effort to turn back the Republican tide in the states ahead of a pivotal series of elections that could determine which party controls redistricting and voting rules in many states.

A delegation of about 20 Democratic state legislators from around the country representing a group called the State Innovation Exchange is planning to huddle on Thursday and Friday with administration officials in the White House, with Sen. Elizabeth Warren on the Hill and with policy experts at the Center for American Progress.

The meetings are billed mostly as discussions of the group’s economic equality agenda, which seeks minimum wage hikes, equal pay measures, family leave benefits, collective bargaining protections and increased access to pre-kindergarten and higher education.

But more broadly, they seem to signal that national Democrats are finally gearing up to counter a well-financed network of conservative groups led by the American Legislative Exchange Council (or ALEC) that for years has dominated state policy battles.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...o-state-governments-115782.html#ixzz3TXQqzjGY

About damn time the Dems fought back again. Republicans hated Clinton so much because he fought back and won.

"The biggest banks on Wall Street have made it clear that they expect a return on their investment in Washington," Warren wrote in a response posted to Facebook. "They have reached a new level of brazenness, demanding that Senate Democrats grovel before them. Well forget it. They can threaten or bully or say whatever they want, but we aren't going to change our game plan. It's up to us to fight back."
"So let me say this to anyone who is listening at Citi: I agree with you. Dodd-Frank isn't perfect," she said, pausing for effect.
"It should have broken you into pieces."

http://mic.com/articles/113928/elizabeth-warren-rips-the-wall-street-banks-trying-to-shut-her-up

She's my hero. Fuck the big banks.

Back