• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perfect Albums

Goodbye yellow brick road - Elton John
Pet sounds - Beach Boys
Talking book - Stevie Wonder
Boston - Boston
Let's stay together - Al Green

Sam's Town is pretty damn good. Great, even. Almost made my list, but then again, so did The Headless Children by WASP.

And bringing up The Killers made me realize I forgot Born To Run as well.

I notice you do not mention Evanescence tho

Yankee Foxtrot Hotel

Nah, that one sucks, the sequencing is all off. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, however...

And Sky Blue Sky is way more dad rock than that, but I still love it. Haven't listened to much after that but I suspect the dad has stayed strong with them.

Master of Puppets
Ride The Lightning

I have a sort spot for Holy Diver as well.

Sams Town is severely underrated but not sure if it's perfect

Gotta agree, box of rain is resplendent.

id say moving pictures is close to perfect

Electric ladyland, look sharp, cure for pain, live rust, exile

Perfect is a strange concept. I think they are perfect-ish but the artist or some hack Internet wannabe critic may not agree wgaf

TAB's gonna shit all over this, but Jason Isbell's Southeastern is the closest thing to a perfect album for me in the past 5 years.

Gotta agree, box of rain is resplendent.

id say moving pictures is close to perfect

Electric ladyland, look sharp, cure for pain, live rust, exile

Perfect is a strange concept. I think they are perfect-ish but the artist or some hack Internet wannabe critic may not agree wgaf

How did I miss this one?! Absolutely agree on that.

Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything? and A Wizard, a True Star
Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead and American Beauty
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks and Desire
Wilco - Summer Teeth
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Talking Heads - Remain in Light
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
REM - Reckoning

idk why this thread sticks out to me 8 yrs later but i’m always on the search for “transcendent” music experiences and i always am afraid they will never happen again but had one this week while half asleep on a red eye flight across the atlantic on the shitty airplane headphones listening to cheap trick live at budokan which i never had before.

obviously everyone knows i want you to want me and surrender but they are so much better in the context, and the middle (need your love / ain’t that a shame) are crazy good peaks.

Back