• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perfect Albums

i am embarrassed that i didn’t previously submit paranoid. what an idiot.

great thread. add a couple votes for Astral Weeks, Aja, and In An Aeroplane Over The Sea.

A few others for me:

John Prine self titled
Dire Straits self titled
Bad Debt - Hiss Golden Messenger
Rare Feeling - Twain

might have missed it but jackson browne's running on empty qualifies

the cheaters answer is the first five black sabbath albums.

personally, in no order, paranoid, master of puppets, reign in blood, number of the beast, vulgar display of power. that's my answer today. paranoid, master of puppets and reign in blood are always in the list, the other two change depending on my mood.

to me, what makes metal so awesome, is that the line between incredible and comically bad is very very thin.

TAB's gonna shit all over this, but Jason Isbell's Southeastern is the closest thing to a perfect album for me in the past 5 years.

I came on here to post this and realized that I already did 8 years ago and now I'm sad that I've been posting this long and haven't grown.

Also, Boston-Self Titled

Some of these are repeats but the first few that come to mind for me are

Van Morrison Astral Weeks
Bon Iver Bon Iver
Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Waylon Jennings Honky Tonk Heroes
Zeppelin 2
Radiohead OK Computer (other than Fitter Happier but close enough)
Ray LaMontagne Trouble

personally, in no order, paranoid, master of puppets, reign in blood, number of the beast, vulgar display of power. that's my answer today. paranoid, master of puppets and reign in blood are always in the list, the other two change depending on my mood.

to me, what makes metal so awesome, is that the line between incredible and comically bad is very very thin.

There’s a fine line between clever and stupid

Some of these are repeats but the first few that come to mind for me are

Van Morrison Astral Weeks
Bon Iver Bon Iver
Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Waylon Jennings Honky Tonk Heroes
Zeppelin 2
Radiohead OK Computer (other than Fitter Happier but close enough)
Ray LaMontagne Trouble

give me Soft Bulletin over Yoshimi

I can't find a bad track on that Wet Leg album.

Gotta have rust in piece in that conversation as well. Also I’ve been on a maiden kick lately and a couple more of their 80s albums could make it in there like Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son

Zach Bryan- DeAnn
Sturgill Simpson- Cuttin' Grass
Turnpike Troubadours- Diamonds & Gasoline

Man, 7 and 7 is one of my top 5 fave songs ever. I use that shit to teach theme to my freshmen.

Man, 7 and 7 is one of my top 5 fave songs ever. I use that shit to teach theme to my freshmen.

I ran into my college girlfriend at a concert about a decade after graduation, and she was there with her husband. This song just started playing in my head.

Felker truly is a modern day troubadour, I am very happy for him that he is back on the wagon and the band is touring again.

Just skimmed, but did anyone add Nevermind or Ten? May be unpopular, but Under the Table and Dreaming. I would also add Blood Sugar Sex Magik and MMJ - Z.

Just skimmed, but did anyone add Nevermind or Ten? May be unpopular, but Under the Table and Dreaming. I would also add Blood Sugar Sex Magik and MMJ - Z.

It is hard for me to separate my distaste for what Dave Mathews became in the late 90's form the awesomeness of Under the Table....and I don't mean Dave personally, he's always seemed like a good guy and very talented song writer, but his fans were such turds and being in the crowd at his shows sucked.

It is hard for me to separate my distaste for what Dave Mathews became in the late 90's form the awesomeness of Under the Table....and I don't mean Dave personally, he's always seemed like a good guy and very talented song writer, but his fans were such turds and being in the crowd at his shows sucked.

Under the Table was great, but I thought certain songs were overproduced and never fully captured the song at its best. Ants Marching and Satellite from Under the Table in particular just sounded so stale to me as compared to the live versions on Remember Two Things.

Back