• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perfect Albums

Would put a few well known live albums on the list: - Cash At Folsom Prison, Nirvana Unplugged in New York, BB King Live at the Regal, Thin Lizzy Live & Dangerous, Bob Marley Live

I love live albums. The combination of the crowd noise and the artists energy and the novelty of hearing well known songs played differently.

Yes, I do too. Would add:

The Last Waltz
At Fillmore East (deluxe edition even better)
Eat a Peach

I wouldn't say it's perfect in terms of the song selection, but Pulse is maybe the best sounding live album ever. Just got it on vinyl and it is incredible.

Man… I can’t empathize with that take, Oh Comely is a masterpiece I think

i could understand it from like a "it makes me feel too many things" standpoint?

Another perfect live album is Aretha's Live At Fillmore West. What a band - Aretha on the Rhodes, King Curtis and the Memphis Horns, Cornell Dupree, Jerry Jemmott, Bernard Purdie, Billy Preston ... and Ray Charles shows up for an encore.

Would put a few well known live albums on the list: - Cash At Folsom Prison, Nirvana Unplugged in New York, BB King Live at the Regal, Thin Lizzy Live & Dangerous, Bob Marley Live

I love live albums. The combination of the crowd noise and the artists energy and the novelty of hearing well known songs played differently.

Love live albums as well. Back in the 90s or early aughts pearl jam put out live albums of their entire tour. I think it was Verona that had the most of my favorites. One of the songs EV starts yelling to the bouncers between verses for them to get a guy that was starting fights. Then talks shit and starts rocking again. Band played the whole time.

Love live albums as well. Back in the 90s or early aughts pearl jam put out live albums of their entire tour. I think it was Verona that had the most of my favorites. One of the songs EV starts yelling to the bouncers between verses for them to get a guy that was starting fights. Then talks shit and starts rocking again. Band played the whole time.

They still release all their live shows on nugs.net.

Live On Two Legs is a no-skips album.

I think that was in Vancouver. And I actually think Vedder was yelling at the bouncers because they were being too rough with the guy they were taking out. This is covered in their Twenty documentary that I've sadly watched about 50 times.

Wilco Kicking Television is an awesome live album

I think that was in Vancouver. And I actually think Vedder was yelling at the bouncers because they were being too rough with the guy they were taking out. This is covered in their Twenty documentary that I've sadly watched about 50 times.

Maybe. Show is definitely Verona because they were playing in a Roman coliseum. The stuff from the stage may be a different situation or I have the details fuzzy. At any rate one of the great things about live music are those organic moments.

in part due to this thread, I listened to Outlandos D'Amour this morning and feel that it deserves a mention, 44 years after release

Back