• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perfect Albums

R-2192508-1269016964.jpeg.jpg

i agree with this...

I can skip Welcome to Earth and Breakers Roar. I found it really cool that the idea for the album was based on a letter he wrote to his wife and newborn while he was stationed in Japan. It gives the songs a deeper meaning ( Keep It Between the Lines in particular).

I can skip Welcome to Earth and Breakers Roar. I found it really cool that the idea for the album was based on a letter he wrote to his wife and newborn while he was stationed in Japan. It gives the songs a deeper meaning ( Keep It Between the Lines in particular).

Holy shit do you have a kid?

Holy shit do you have a kid?

Ya two of them, but that isn't the style of music I want when I want to listen to Sturgill. To go from Metamodern to that is just too much of a change for my tastes.

If I want to cry about kids and dads I will listen to thats my job by Conway Twitty.

The most perfect record I've ever head is Perfect Halves by The Ashtray Hearts. Perfect writing, perfect playing, perfect arrangements, perfect sequence.

Ya two of them, but that isn't the style of music I want when I want to listen to Sturgill. To go from Metamodern to that is just too much of a change for my tastes.

If I want to cry about kids and dads I will listen to thats my job by Conway Twitty.
Youngbuck's last post made me realize Cuttin' Grass is pretty much perfect too.

Youngbuck's last post made me realize Cuttin' Grass is pretty much perfect too.
For me, the brilliance in "Cuttin' Grass" is that all the songs hold up so fucking well as bluegrass songs. Like if you didn't know Cuttin' Grass was an album of songs previously recorded with very different arrangements, I think you'd hear it and enjoy them as bluegrass tunes.

Lolz. I actually posted it on this same page, but the image didn't show up/transfer in the migration. I'm an idiot.

Anyway, Gene Clark rules and everyone should listen to him!

Rolling Stone article reminded me how excellent Arctic Monkeys “AM” album is

Hoping I didn't also post this one a couple of pages ago, but listening to new Cale got me listening to old Cale -- the FIRST Cale -- and I could probably put three or four of his albums here, but Vintage Violence is perfect and has a badass cover, and a surprising amount of pedal steel througout, which works perfectly. Like a Velvet Underground honky-tonk record. Perfect.

"...like a Byrds album produced by Phil Spector who has marinated for six years in burgundy, anise and chili peppers."

Paris 1919, Fear, Slow Dazzle, and Helen of Troy are great, as is his collaboration with Terry Riley Church of Anthrax.

1666622697763.png

Last edited:
Back