• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are the best pizza places in Charlotte

New York Pizza on South Blvd in Charlotte is our go to. It is close by for us, so obvious plus there, but I like their product a lot too.

Probably a bit far from Matthews, but wanted to get a plug in for this place.

http://www.nypizzacharlottenc.com

What about Wolfman Pizza on Providence? Never been there, but my sister lives near there and I've always been intrigued.

That's the problem. You're in big chain land for the most part. The small, local places are generally the best option for anything in Charlotte, and they are easier to find in the 5 mile circle around uptown. That said, I don't know a lot about the area, so there could very well be some hole in the wall places hiding in a strip shopping center somewhere.
Lol

1. Libretto's
2. Hawthorne's
3. Fuel if it's fresh
4. Don't bother with anything else.

I'd like to think I know pizza. It's all about the sauce and crust. Any jackass can make a good mozzarella.

Just go to Sante in Matthews. Right in the middle of "downtown". It doesn't have pizza, but it's legit good food.

Luisa's Brick Oven Pizza off Montford

It's tucked away but worth it

I love walking into a Tony's and seeing all Latinos working there

Tony must have sold out

So Charlotte has no great NY style za I take it
Most small pizza shops in NYC are run by Latinos now, and when my parents where growing up there were lots of great Chinese owned spots

i love that you asked for input, we provided answers, you dismissed those options for a chain, and then assume that there is no good pizza in town.

i love that you asked for input, we provided answers, you dismissed those options for a chain, and then assume that there is no good pizza in town.

I went with what sis wanted

But I'll get hawthorns next

Maybe for lunch?

Can u ever eat too much za'

Most small pizza shops in NYC are run by Latinos now, and when my parents where growing up there were lots of great Chinese owned spots

I once saw a man drop a $1 slice on the filthy NYC sidewalk and proceed to eat it anyway

Portifinos and some place in the shopping center with Tuesday morning in the touchstone neighborhood off 51

Call me crazy, but I'd think you could find good pizza in pretty much any major city these days. It's not like guidos only live in NYC or Chicago, and it's not like non-guidos are incapable of making good pizza.

Back