• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are the best pizza places in Charlotte

this should be a brief thread.

My suggestions: Hawthornes on 7th; Pizza Peel. Note: there may well be suburban places but i don't go there.

too far to go for pizza, that's for sure. other side of town.

your matthews dining options are pretty terrible. highlights of the matthews dining options are chilis and a bonefish grill.

What style of pizza? Looking for a place with great apps and other food as well, or just pizza? Want a good local beer selection?

Brooklyn South off of Exit 28 is far and away the best.
If you are talking in Uptown itself, it is Libretto's in the Epicentre.

ETA: sorry, didn't see the Matthews comment. You're fucked.

I'm like 10 minutes from dean and deluca

And whole foods

How bad can area be?

i don't think of providence/51 as matthews, so you're in better shape. There may be some good places in the Ballantyne area.

There's decent pizza in Matthews at Tony's Pizza in the Galleria. Near WalMart.

I'm like 10 minutes from dean and deluca

And whole foods

How bad can area be?

That's the problem. You're in big chain land for the most part. The small, local places are generally the best option for anything in Charlotte, and they are easier to find in the 5 mile circle around uptown. That said, I don't know a lot about the area, so there could very well be some hole in the wall places hiding in a strip shopping center somewhere.

Last edited:
this should be a brief thread.

My suggestions: Hawthornes on 7th; Pizza Peel. Note: there may well be suburban places but i don't go there.

Second Hawthornes. Never been to Libretto's, will have to check it out. Just drive to Winston and go to Burke Street.

Brooklyn South off of Exit 28 is far and away the best.
If you are talking in Uptown itself, it is Libretto's in the Epicentre.

ETA: sorry, didn't see the Matthews comment. You're fucked.

:werd: on the Libretto's suggestion. They have additional locations near Park Road Shopping Center and in Ballantyne now that might work for Moonz.
http://www.librettospizzeria.com/

Hawthorne's on 7th street is by far my favorite near uptown.
Villa Francesca was good, but it's now a different restaurant and I haven't tried the new one.
I have not had Pizza Peel yet.
Fuel Pizza is WAY overrated.
Intermezzo is pretty good.

I have no clue what would be in Matthews.

There's another Hawthornes off Rea Rd about 10m from Prov-51. There's also True Crafted Pizza in Stonecrest off Rea. Haven't been to either.

There's decent pizza in Matthews at Tony's Pizza in the Galleria. Near WalMart.

There are a few Tony's around the area. They are decent, but the mozzerella they use is too salty for my taste, I always wake up at like 3am needing a gallon of water after I eat there. Their pies and slices are huge though, which is a plus.

One additional comment: if you are looking for full Italian and not just pizza, the answer is Mama Ricottas and they can say fuck you NYC italian with a straight face. Get the penne a la vodka and thank me later.

Back