• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One Thread - Three questions

rico-o.gif

OK people DO give Townie shit, but he just ignores it and it doesn't become an issue. Theres a difference between a little good-natured ribbing and total emotional abuse.

There's the rub. If rj could find his duck's back then the water would be just that and his stories would make him pretty popular. He's just too immature.

I'd like to think I've largely taken a different approach than rj has. If people annoy me too much I just leave for a while. Sometimes I (misguided, perhaps; attention grabbing, probably; fruitless, obviously) announce why I leave before I do it. What I don't do is PM mods endlessly and wreck every single thread I'm in.

Still, some of y'all are way worse than rj is. You pick fights with him and then complain when he starts going all Tasmanian devil on a thread. I know he brings it upon himself, and I know this is the internet and that's what you're supposed to do to donks, but this place is less fun without rj.

I no longer post regularly so I'm sure I'm missing a few pieces of this puzzle, but lets break this down. Nobody should hate RJ. You might get slightly annoyed with him, or more often amused by him. He overreacts to most everything and seems to make some things about him that actually aren't (although a lot of this actually HAS been about him in the past few months).

The boards are apparently very important to RJ. I'm going on the assumption that everybody considers him a friend to some extent (as much as you can actually befriend somebody in an anonymous forum). There should be no ill-will toward him. Hes a demon deacon. So maybe he angrily call you out 2 years ago while disagreeing with your views on Trayvon Martin or Wake's latest recruiting class. If thats enough to make you hate him, then you're a little too thin-skinned yourself. If you're just teasing him so you can watch him over-react, thats OK to an extent but it seems to have gone way too far in RJ's case. You may think he behaves as a narcissist, but so has Townie and nobody ever gave him shit about it. Different things annoy different people, but it shouldn't lead to straight-up hatred.

We all have friends who are less-than-likable to some extent. We've all teased our friends in a positive effort to get them change their annoying habits or even personality defects, and sometimes that works. They may resist and they may even nut up, but normally our "tough love" teasing will force our friend to recognize and address whatever personality trait we find annoying. If you've never had a friend like that, then chances are that YOU are that friend. The bottom line is that if you're teasing RJ in an effort to get him to change, its not going to work because RJ is in his 50s or 60s and is apparently single with what appears to be few close relationships. Hes an entertainer and arguably a genius, so hes naturally going to lack the emotional intelligence of someone who went another route and forged close personal relationships with those around them. If you're doing it just to watch him nut-up through your blood-in-the-water herd mentality, then theres probably something wrong with you.

I consider RJ a friend. I don't always agree with him but I enjoy his stories and appreciate him sense of humor, for whatever that says about me. His very public spats entertain me too. But it makes me uncomfortable to see the level of crap thats been thrown at him lately. It just seems wrong. Knock it off, guys, and let his big personality continue to be an entertaining part of this board.

In all honesty this might be the most hurtful thing ever written about rj

At what point do we just give up on the cookoutheel as mod? Clearly has no control over the inmates.

This thread is the perfect microcosm of all RJ drama.

Initial post comes off as way too interested in what anonymous internet people think of him. I'm all ready to side with the mods, then there's the equally absurd response by the mods that deleting a thread that called him a child molester in the subject (that's the one, right?) "never even crossed their minds."

Of course it should have been deleted. None of those locked threads had titles anywhere near that inflammatory. At least clear out the thread title and offending post... Would a racial slur in the subject get the same reverence? Not really sure what's being defended here.

This thread is the perfect microcosm of all RJ drama.

Initial post comes off as way too interested in what anonymous internet people think of him. I'm all ready to side with the mods, then there's the equally absurd response by the mods that deleting a thread that called him a child molester in the subject (that's the one, right?) "never even crossed their minds."

Of course it should have been deleted. None of those locked threads had titles anywhere near that inflammatory. At least clear out the thread title and offending post... Would a racial slur in the subject get the same reverence? Not really sure what's being defended here.

i'm #teamrj so we get more threads like this.

I believe that the best of OGBoards is in these small threads that we get to visit, and in these little pockets of what I call the real OGBoards, being here with all of you very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-RJ posters of these great Boards.

I really feel like the mods owe the boards an explanation for their malfeasance and misfeasance and negligence and double standards

Explain yourselves mods!!

Or are you cowardly pussies like RJK is telling everybody behind the scenes

This is your opportunity to stand up for what is right

Jack Ruskin and John Burden for moderator!

Back