• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One Thread - Three questions

I really get a kick that rj's shameless rep calls for help have people defending his pathetic ways on here. He is a 60+ year old man; stop fucking coddling him.

RJ is a good guy and a great poster, and I'm glad hes back.
I could do without people baiting him at every turn but let's be honest. RJ is a complete faggot. There isn't another poster on the board who would give a shit that some nobody poster called him a child molester. It wouldn't offend them for even a second.

Most posters post anonymously. Some, like RJ, do not. That's not necessarily dispositive, but it is a distinction. Granted, I'm old and live far away, but there probably aren't 10 posters here that I know I know IRL (I suspect there are more I know IRL, but don't know their board names). I've done it both ways. It is different (and not as fun, but that's another discussion) when people know who you are.

I don't know all the background chatter between RJ and the mods, but as most know I spent over a decade as the board admin (it's a thankless job, for sure), and I can't imagine what someone would have to do for me to feel about RJ the way some here seem to feel.

If people were calling me a child molester, I might take issue with that.
I'm not condoning RJ's behavior in general, but everyone saying "I'd never have a problem with that!" seems a bit unbelievable. Regardless of how seriously you take the boards and the banter, when people attack your person like that it's hard not to get a little defensive.

(eta: this post comes with the bias of someone who's taken a lot of shit over the last 8 (!!!) years)

The recent upturn of people using "fag" or "faggot" as an insult is highly disappointing.

Heads up! Louis C.K. doing a funny stand up bit on the word doesn't give you carte blanche to use it whenever thinking that it was used in equal humor. It wasn't. You just look like a bigot.

Last edited:
The recent upturn of people using "fag" or "faggot" as an insult is highly disappointing.

Heads up! Louis C.K. doing a funny stand up bit on the word doesn't give you carte blanche to use it whenever thinking that it was used in equal humor. It wasn't. You just look like a bigot.

Oh look you're offended again.

If people were calling me a child molester, I might take issue with that.
I'm not condoning RJ's behavior in general, but everyone saying "I'd never have a problem with that!" seems a bit unbelievable. Regardless of how seriously you take the boards and the banter, when people attack your person like that it's hard not to get a little defensive.

(eta: this post comes with the bias of someone who's taken a lot of shit over the last 8 (!!!) years)

Just so we are clear... the thread that did that was locked and the poster that posted it was banned.

Oh look you're offended again.

Deer-in-headlights.jpeg

Just so we are clear... the thread that did that was locked and the poster that posted it was banned.

Oh, I totally understand that and have no qualms about how the mods handled the situation... but people are saying he's (RJ's) taking things too seriously. Often times, yeah. But in this instance? I think he's justified in wanting that down (which I fully recognize happened).

Oh, I totally understand that and have no qualms about how the mods handled the situation... but people are saying he's (RJ's) taking things too seriously. Often times, yeah. But in this instance? I think he's justified in wanting that down (which I fully recognize happened).

You cannot simultaneously agree that the mods handled the situation well and say that rj is right to complain about the topic. You just can't do that. They are mutually exclusive.

The thread is NOT down. All they did was change Child to chili....

It's not like I'm the only person who is saying it was wrong not to delete. But they REFUSE to do the right thing.

You cannot simultaneously agree that the mods handled the situation well and say that rj is right to complain about the topic. You just can't do that. They are mutually exclusive.

False.
I can disagree with Cheese saying
RJ is a complete faggot. There isn't another poster on the board who would give a shit that some nobody poster called him a child molester. It wouldn't offend them for even a second.
(which is what I was addressing in my post, albeit a couple posts too late to be seen as a truly direct response) AND think the mods handled the situation (lock/ban) appropriately.

for the record: I'm ok with the title change to "Chili molester" because that's just nonsense and meant to be taken as seriously as the original 'child molester' (which is 'not at all'). That said, I would also be very defensive about even a joking 'child molester' accusation because all it takes is one person to take that honestly, and that's not an association I want or something I want to explain even as a joke. I stand by the statement that I don't blame RJ for wanting that title down. I really and truly don't care about the rest of the thread or if it's up, I actually think the change to 'chili molester' makes it better.

Back