• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One Thread - Three questions

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Don't take this thread to mean I might start posting again. The cause is a perfect example of why I'm not.

Many, many, many threads have been deleted by the Mods since this board started. None have gone as far or been as despicable as the one we know I'm posting about here. Most are deleted within an or two. Some are deleted within minutes. This has been up for days.

Question 1 - Why hasn't it been deleted?

Question 2 - How does one explain to a family member or other friend why someone would say such a thing?

Question 3- How does one get that person to unsee such a despicable statement?

And you wonder why I haven't been posting.

Congrats you attention whore. Maybe one day you will realize the world doesn't revolve around you.

Exactly the opposite...it's the attention that it is drawing that I want gone.... I am asking for less attention....but try to justify the unjustifiable...

Last edited:
I don't have the qualifications to answer the first one, but I can answer the other two questions.

#2 - Because people say things that aren't true for a variety of reasons. In this instance, it was probably an exaggeration used for the sole purpose of getting under your skin.

#3 - Just forget about it and let it run off you. Don't absorb it, it's not hard. :noidea:

One might expect some great responses and tags but it's not going to happen. Sometimes the lions will just tear meat apart with little fanfare or elegance.

If this happened to me I'd want it taken down.

Don't take this thread to mean I might start posting again. The cause is a perfect example of why I'm not.

Many, many, many threads have been deleted by the Mods since this board started. None have gone as far or been as despicable as the one we know I'm posting about here. Most are deleted within an or two. Some are deleted within minutes. This has been up for days.

Question 1 - Why hasn't it been deleted?

Question 2 - How does one explain to a family member or other friend why someone would say such a thing?

Question 3- How does one get that person to unsee such a despicable statement?

And you wonder why I haven't been posting.

I'll answer your questions and reply with a couple additional questions in kind.

1 - It was locked and the poster immediately banned once it was noticed, which has been our MO for pretty much the entire boards existence. As recently evidenced by : thread #1, thread #2, thread #3, thread #4. Also see the explanation in District 13. Your arch nemesis LK was actually the one who locked it and banned toogs, within two hours of it being posted, from his phone over Christmas break. Deleting the thread entirely would have erased all evidence of posters who stood up for you, and erased the negative reps toogs received. As a champion of rep rights, you should be in favor of our response.

2 - That varies from person to person. Most would say, it was posted by a crazy inflammatory poster who is full of shit and would let it roll off their backs.

3 - Like 99.9% of the rest of us, it was most likely forgotten 30 seconds after switching to another thread.

Question 1 - Do you realize that starting this thread is only going to bring more attention to the initial thread, and now people are going to search for it? I had no idea it existed, but looked it up after seeing this thread.

Question 2 - Rather than send one of us a PM asking for an explanation like a rational adult, why send out a slew of reps to various friends complaining about it, prompting them to post about it, also drawing more attention to it?

To TSY-

RE #2. There are two answers

Firstly, I thought it pretty obvious to all that it should be deleted. Far less offensive ones have been deleted. I was giving you guys time to do the right thing.

Secondly, I have been told in no uncertain terms never to contact Mods about such things.

As to drawing more attention, I would hope that this thread and that one would each be deleted. I would love to no more attention to either.

If in five minutes, both are gone and never spoken about again, I'd be happy.

Think of it this way. When Townie or Jaybone or several other stopped posting, they issued manifestos. I was simply gone for a while (and still am other than this).

I didn't post anywhere.

I wouldn't have posted this had any of you done the right thing. I gave you time. I truly wish I could have avoided this one. I had faith in you guys.

Wait, I molested a Shake Shack burger?

5d6768d2dbdf7b56cc7456c59337128d7af06073cb02d5b5f8cb601c07505b16.jpg

To TSY-

RE #2. There are two answers

Firstly, I thought it pretty obvious to all that it should be deleted. Far less offensive ones have been deleted. I was giving you guys time to do the right thing.

Secondly, I have been told in no uncertain terms never to contact Mods about such things.

As to drawing more attention, I would hope that this thread and that one would each be deleted. I would love to no more attention to either.

If in five minutes, both are gone and never spoken about again, I'd be happy.

Think of it this way. When Townie or Jaybone or several other stopped posting, they issued manifestos. I was simply gone for a while (and still am other than this).

I didn't post anywhere.

I wouldn't have posted this had any of you done the right thing. I gave you time. I truly wish I could have avoided this one. I had faith in you guys.

55583440.jpg

Back