• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

I would love if they brought Spagnuolo back for one last hurrah with Coughlin.

I would love that as well. It would mean an upgrade at our secondary coach position.

Agree with Boston as to Winston being top 2 with Mariotta. Both Tennessee and Tampa need QBs, and they're not going to pass up either guy. And I'm still not completely sold on Mariotta transitioning to the NFL game because he's just not used to fitting the ball into tight windows, even though he's way more mature than Winston off the field. I can see Lovie taking Winston #1. It'll be interesting to see what the Jets, Bills, Browns, Texans and Bears do at the QB position. One of the above will get a mildly competent Hoyer, prolly Houston or Buffalo, although Buffalo's GM was just quoted as saying that Manuel's problem was coaching, not Manuel. No idea what the others will do, and to make it worse, Orton has retired. The only 2 other college kids who may fit the bill are Hundley and Petty. Hundley looks like a late 1st to 2nd rounder and Petty a late 2nd to 3rd rounder.

Is there any talk about Philly trying to get Mariotta? I'm not sure what kind of package they could put together for a #1 or if Mariotta (or the Bucs for that matter) would demand a traditional #1 pick trade value.

My thought exactly. He didn't think about it long.

His agent probably told him not to wait until Mariotta wins the championship and declares so Winston would get a few days to himself in the news cycle.

I'm so glad the Panthers have a rebuilt OL and secondary instead of a top 5-10 pick.

Is there any talk about Philly trying to get Mariotta? I'm not sure what kind of package they could put together for a #1 or if Mariotta (or the Bucs for that matter) would demand a traditional #1 pick trade value.

To move from #20 to #1?!? At least this whole draft plus some more in next year's draft. Look at the farm the Washington NFLs gave away to the Rams to move up like 4-5 spots for RG3. Whenever you're trading up to get a franchise QB, the premium on that price tag is steeper than the premium to trade up for a O/D lineman.

To move from #20 to #1?!? At least this whole draft plus some more in next year's draft. Look at the farm the Washington NFLs gave away to the Rams to move up like 4-5 spots for RG3. Whenever you're trading up to get a franchise QB, the premium on that price tag is steeper than the premium to trade up for a O/D lineman.

Sure. Philly is the only team I could see Mariotta being a franchise QB. Definitely not Tampa.

Philly has talked about it, trade would include McCoy and a boatload of picks

Yeah Tampa would be dumb to accept anything less than 3 first rounders if Philly wants Mariota. Probably even need some more picks because Philly would actually have a good record those years and the picks likely wouldn't be in the top 15 any of those years.

Back