• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

But didn't his repeated yelling at his head coach in multiple games really impress you? He's a natural leader with his ultra-fast ability to point fingers and yell at linemen and receivers. He'll be the biggest NFL winner since Manziel.

So........Winston or Cutler?

What happened to the NFL 'Black Monday' Coaching Carousel thread? Anyhoo... Browns are dumping OC Kyle Shanahan after one season.

So........Winston or Cutler?

No brainer. At least Cutler's bullshit is generally limited to on-the-field fuck-ups. And I don't recall him being threatened with benching in the middle of a game because he can't handle the situation.

not a GM or draft guru but would pick Mariota over Winston.

see how their careers go.

and can Winston stay out of trouble once he is in the NFL?

Pretty much everyone says the opposite. I don't think Jameis is as crazy as JaMarcus. I think he will be fine. Kiper has said he could read coverages really well as a RS-frosh. He is more than just a big arm. Mariota could be the next Kliff Kingsbury.

What happened to the NFL 'Black Monday' Coaching Carousel thread? Anyhoo... Browns are dumping OC Kyle Shanahan after one season.

Cleveland fired the QB coach but the parting with Shanahan is mutual because he wants to leave to either get a head gig of his own or coach with his dad. And he had said that there was tension between the FO and the coaching staff, prolly to aid in the process of getting the FO to want him to leave.

No brainer. At least Cutler's bullshit is generally limited to on-the-field fuck-ups. And I don't recall him being threatened with benching in the middle of a game because he can't handle the situation.
No, he was just benched the next week in favor of Jimmy Clausen.

In all seriousness I would take Cutler over Winston.

Pretty much everyone says the opposite. I don't think Jameis is as crazy as JaMarcus. I think he will be fine. Kiper has said he could read coverages really well as a RS-frosh. He is more than just a big arm. Mariota could be the next Kliff Kingsbury.

I dont recall Jamarcus being crazy. More so he just skated by on his natural ability and had no grasp of the mental side of the game or what it took preparation-wise to become an NFL QB.

What is the story on Winston's interceptions? If he is a football savant, then was he just making bad decisions this season? Forcing things?

I dont recall Jamarcus being crazy. More so he just skated by on his natural ability and had no grasp of the mental side of the game or what it took preparation-wise to become an NFL QB.

What is the story on Winston's interceptions? If he is a football savant, then was he just making bad decisions this season? Forcing things?

More aggressive, fewer check downs, new WRs, and for apetit point shaving.

We know all interceptions aren't created equal. And it was clear this season, if you watched Winston consistently, that he wasn't always in sync with his wide receivers; he lost Kelvin Benjamin and Kenny Shaw to the NFL, two of his favorite targets. But a number of his 18 INTs this season were forced throws and simply inaccurate, and I think he actually regressed in terms of his willingness to check it down and not always look for the bigger play. He'll need to continue to improve his ball placement, because it's simply not elite. And he needs to be better about forcing the ball into tight windows.

That said, I do think Winston makes mistakes of aggression because he can make pretty much every throw, and he always sees opportunities. And don't let someone tell you the INTs are a nonstarter. After all, Matt Ryan threw 19 of them in his final season at Boston College before going No. 3 overall in 2008.

But seriously, to say that he can't read defenses compared to Mariota when he's been running a Pro Style offense for two years to great success while Mariota is running a spread option is pretty insane.

Last edited:
No, he was just benched the next week in favor of Jimmy Clausen.

In all seriousness I would take Cutler over Winston.

Clausen came in and played better than Cutler did against the Saints- one of (the?) worst defenses in the league. Trainwreck.

And I see Winston with GREAT potential to be JaMarcus Russell. He could also be the next Kaepernick. Big, fast, athletic, strong. He has to get his head out of his ass and start acting like a leader. It's all on him.

Cleveland fired the QB coach but the parting with Shanahan is mutual because he wants to leave to either get a head gig of his own or coach with his dad. And he had said that there was tension between the FO and the coaching staff, prolly to aid in the process of getting the FO to want him to leave.

Well supposedly FO pushed them to play Manziel even though Shanahan thinks Manziel can't play. Also rumors of FO/upper management calling down and asking for specific plays during games.

But seriously, to say that he can't read defenses compared to Mariota when he's been running a Pro Style offense for two years to great success while Mariota is running a spread option is pretty insane.

Pac10 defenses >>> ACC defenses.

I don't think Winston's anywhere near as fast as Kaepernick.

Well supposedly FO pushed them to play Manziel even though Shanahan thinks Manziel can't play. Also rumors of FO/upper management calling down and asking for specific plays during games.

Who called that play where Keuchly got burned?

Jameis had 65 rushing yards all year. He's a pocket passer that has good mobility as a bonus... nothing like Kaep.

Sorry- wasn't implying he was a runner. Just that he's big and tall and has athleticism. Besides, in the NFL, a QB who can't stay in the pocket will eventually be one of two things: a QB who learns to stay in the pocket or retired.

Back