• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

And I see Winston with GREAT potential to be JaMarcus Russell. He could also be the next Kaepernick. Big, fast, athletic, strong. He has to get his head out of his ass and start acting like a leader. It's all on him.

this take is just the worst.

Does anyone think Brett Hundley could be a better QB than Winston or Mariota?

Yes, if Winston and Mariota go to the Bucs/Jets and Hundley goes to the Eagles.

I was talking with my boss about who the Eagles would take if Hundley was still on the board vs the good CB class coming through. Seems like getting a first round CB and a free agent CB would free them up to keep Nate Allen at S and address QB in a later round or FA, but Hundley may be a good fit.

Does anyone think Brett Hundley could be a better QB than Winston or Mariota?

I saw Hundley play here and a couple other times. Here he was harassed all day, wasn't spectacular but didn't make mistakes and ran it pretty well. Decent size, good arm, seems like a good pocket passer and pretty mobile, though nowhere near a Kaepernick of Mariota. The stuff I've read on draft sites says the concerns are kinda similar to Mariota - he's in a simple offense in the shotgun all the time and where he doesn't have to make post-snap reads. From my untrained eye, I've thought he looks the part and is a good decision maker with a good arm and athleticism. But it sounds as though scouts think he's a work in progress, and they want to see if he adapts to more pro style offenses. And right now he's projected as a late 1 to mid 2.

That said, when Philly is on the clock at #20, it'll be interesting to watch. I like Hundley and hope he fits well with some team. The other guy who I think has some potential is Petty from Baylor, and he's listed as a late 2 to early 3.

It'll be interesting to see if the QB needy teams reach for a QB this year. The 2016 QB class is looking even weaker than this year's. Christian Hackenberg and Connor Cook are listed as the top 2 QBs for that class on WalterFootball.com. Woof.

It'll be interesting to see if the QB needy teams reach for a QB this year. The 2016 QB class is looking even weaker than this year's. Christian Hackenberg and Connor Cook are listed as the top 2 QBs for that class on WalterFootball.com. Woof.

Ouch. Of course, we're here talking about how the two best QBs in college over the last two years are underwhelming.

I'm curious how the tOSU QBs get evaluated. Cardale Jones is eligible for the draft. Would he consider going pro in a weak class knowing that he may not start next year?

Woof indeed. I've seen Cook a few times - nice QB but not overly accurate and not 1 I've seen and thought he'll be starting on Sundays. There was some talk he'd go pro now, but I thought he made the right decision to stay another year.

Upon further reflection, the QB situation in the pro game could really become a problem in the next 2-3 years. As we were talking about earlier, there are only 14 legit franchise QBs in the league right now. 15 if Kaep returns to form. Then several aight guys or possible up and comers. And then some pretty bad QBs. Last year's QB class was worse than this 1, and next year's worse than last year's. Add to that Manning will be retiring in the next couple of years, and folks like Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, Romo and Palmer soon thereafter. It could soon get to the point where a few teams look to run an Oregon type offense out of necessity - better to try that than start the Cutlers, Fitzpatricks and Geno Smiths of the world.

Last edited:
Ouch. Of course, we're here talking about how the two best QBs in college over the last two years are underwhelming.

I'm curious how the tOSU QBs get evaluated. Cardale Jones is eligible for the draft. Would he consider going pro in a weak class knowing that he may not start next year?

The Ohio State QB situation is unprecedented.

Braxton Miller was the Big 10 offense POY in 2012 and 2013; was among the top 2 or 3 pre-season Heisman favorites heading into the 2014.

JT Barrett was the first team Big 10 QB in 2013; first team freshman all-American QB and finished 5th in the 2014 Heisman Trophy voting. Among QBs only Marcus Mariota and TCU's Trevone Boykin finished ahead of Barrett.

Cardale Jones was the MVP of the Big 10 Championship game; led tOSU to the upset of #1 Alabama, and is a win away from being the MVP of the first D-1 football NC tourney.

Have heard that Jones at 6-5 250 is the best NFL prospect of them all. If tOSU win the NC, how can Jones not start the 2015 season as tOSU 1st string QB?

Got to believe Miller will transfer as a post-grad (both FSU and Oregon are rumored destinations), and Jones will start. Jones is a RS-Sophomore (he enrolled in January 2012); so, he could declare for the NFL draft this year. Would think that he would be no worse than the #4 QB in this draft behind (Winston-Mariota and Hundley). With the suck-ass QB draft next year, he has a good chance to be the #1 QB in that draft

Pilch, the problem with Miller at this point is health/durability. I don't see a team spending a day 1 or 2 pick on Miller this year given the serious injuries. By transferring and playing 1 more year he'll either stay healthy enough for some team to take him on day 2 or show his goods are too damaged.

Agree. Miller needs to play college football for a year and prove he is healthy. Jones could declare and based on his size and arm strength; an NFL team would take a shot at him.

Agree. Miller needs to play college football for a year and prove he is healthy. Jones could declare and based on his size and arm strength; an NFL team would take a shot at him.

If anyone is looking for a better Jamarcus Russell comparison, it's Cardale Jones.

Got to believe Miller will transfer as a post-grad (both FSU and Oregon are rumored destinations), and Jones will start. Jones is a RS-Sophomore (he enrolled in January 2012); so, he could declare for the NFL draft this year. Would think that he would be no worse than the #4 QB in this draft behind (Winston-Mariota and Hundley). With the suck-ass QB draft next year, he has a good chance to be the #1 QB in that draft

Pretty sure he's coming to Wake.

Back