• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

Rex Ryan to the bills. Grabbing Roman from SF as OC

He'll have fun with that defense but who the eff is gonna be their QB? Management apparently still believes Manuel is the answer, which is the wrong answer. They have no shot at Mariota, Winston or Hundley, and is the Baylor kid a legit starter in the 3rd round? Only guy on the market worth bringing in is Hoyer, unless you're dying to get Fitz back. Rex is trading 1 dumpster fire of an offense for another. The way I see it is you make Hoyer the best offer he's gonna get and grab a couple of O-linemen in the 2nd and 3rd round (b/c Cleveland has their 1st round pick).

FO really fucked us (Bills) in the draft this year going all-in to try to make playoffs/have a winning season to keep their jobs w/ certain new ownership.

AGENCY PROBLEMS

So what's your QB answer, Tuffalo? You ain't drafting anybody, and Orton has retired (not that he was the answer either). I assume you don't want to go back to Fitz. You can get Glennon cheap from TB, but that's no answer. So it seems to me you have 2 plausible choices. First, you pay Hoyer what it takes to get him and beef up the OL. You have a good D already, so you just don't ask Hoyer to do too much. Second, you consider Manuel is a mobile QB, then you go get Vick and 1 other mobile QB and run an Oregon type system and just play whichever QB is playing best. Or whichever one isn't injured.

Bills QB candidates mentioned by that arrogant prick, Peter King, on ESPN Radio earlier this morning included Brian Hoyer :sick:

Siff, Hoyer is way better than your other options. If you don't think so, please tell me which possible options are better. Again, to me, the only other viable option is to bring in Vick and another mobile guy and run the read option in an Oregon type system.

We have sucked for 15 years; what's one more? And who is demanding an "answer" at QB? I reject the entire premise of needing to be good at the position each and every year. We certainly haven't shown any ability to get quick fixes in at other positions. We just fucked ourselves badly trying to get a player to be an answer this last draft. There's no reason to think we have the ability to go out and get a guy and none of the available guys looks to be worth the price and commitment to get them.

We need to clean house in the FO more than we need a player.

So your answer is to give up and not try to win. Do you own the 76ers?

Siff, Hoyer is way better than your other options. If you don't think so, please tell me which possible options are better. Again, to me, the only other viable option is to bring in Vick and another mobile guy and run the read option in an Oregon type system.

I'd rather start EJ than sign Hoyer. Sorry, Hoyer blows.

So your answer is to give up and not try to win. Do you own the 76ers?

No, my answer is for the team's management who are proven incompetents to not make long-term mistakes chasing a QB who will not and could not lead us to a championship. The championship is the goal. Another 9-7 season followed by no 1st rounder is not a goal. No sense in mortgaging 3-4 years for a very marginal upgrade (we smashed Hoyer, you know?) over who we've got.

Sorry, but EJ is a way worse answer than Vick or Hoyer. I'm kinda liking my idea of getting Vick and another mobile guy and run the option and play tough D. Prolly your best chance to be competitive next year. And playing that style of offense might give EJ some needed confidence since the dude can't get it done in a conventional pro offense.

Vick couldn't consistenly get PT over Geno Smith. Not sure why EJ would be different

Who the hell is implementing Oregon's system in Buffalo? Rex Ryan certainly isn't, and its not like Chip Kelly is growing on trees. Plus, Oregon's system is predicated on rotation depth at WR to wear out DBs and, to a lesser extent, along the O-line. Buffalo has no quality depth anywhere on offense, and Rex is not going to focus his efforts on getting any.

Kubiak says he's staying with the Ravens. Great news for Balmur

Bowles/Quinn will be Falcons HC.

Back