• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

Hey look, wrong uninformed guy is wrong and uninformed again. The Falcons are a T10 offense and a T5 passing offense. Ryan is in the T10 in basically every passing category. There are maybe 2 receivers in the league better than Julio. Roddy is past his prime but would be a WR1 on a dozen NFL teams. Yesterday aside, the offense isn't the problem. The defense finished dead fucking last in almost every category. If we have even a middle of the pack defense (like in 2012) we have 10-13 wins and aren't dealing with corndoggs like the Panthers in Week 17.

Heading into and not including yesterday's abortion, Matt Ryan's playoff record was 1-4, including his fantastic 24-2 anal raping by Eli's cock. In those games he has thrown 9 TDs and 7 INTs, with a QBR of 85.2. If that is who you want leading your playoff team, good luck.

Some folks apparently believe QBs win games by themselves in vaccuums.

Heading into and not including yesterday's abortion, Matt Ryan's playoff record was 1-4, including his fantastic 24-2 anal raping by Eli's cock. In those games he has thrown 9 TDs and 7 INTs, with a QBR of 85.2. If that is who you want leading your playoff team, good luck.

Totally non-responsive but didn't really expect much else. BTW Cam's 2014 QBR this year is 82.1 which is 26 out of the 33 QBs who had enough reps to qualify this year. That's a lower QBR than the likes of Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Teddy Bridgewater,and Kyle Orton. If that is who you want leading your playoff team, Good Luck. Corndogg.

Also I would like to amend my coach wish list. After Rex, I want Jack Del Rio. Pretty amazing to think about what he did in JAX when compared everyone else that tried after.

Also I would like to amend my coach wish list. After Rex, I want Jack Del Rio. Pretty amazing to think about what he did in JAX when compared everyone else that tried after.

You shouldn't have amended. Jax actually had some decent talent, especially on D, when Del Rio was there. I'd stick to Todd Bowles being the list.

Totally non-responsive but didn't really expect much else. BTW Cam's 2014 QBR this year is 82.1 which is 26 out of the 33 QBs who had enough reps to qualify this year. That's a lower QBR than the likes of Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Teddy Bridgewater,and Kyle Orton. If that is who you want leading your playoff team, Good Luck. Corndogg.

*passer rating, not QBR

IMO, here are the franchise QB's (16) and their ages:

Rodgers -- 31
Luck -- 25
E. Manning -- 33
Brees -- 35
Roethlisberger --32
Wilson -- 26
Ryan - 29
Brady -- 37
P Manning -- 38
Flacco --29
Romo -- 34
Rivers -- 33
Stafford -- 26
Newton -- 25
Dalton -- 27 (questionable)
Kaepernick -- 27

Some folks apparently believe QBs win games by themselves in vaccuums.

No, but I do believe that except on the extremes most NFL rosters are generally fungible, and the QB is usually the one variable that makes the team win or lose. If you swap out Ryan for any of the other QBs on Pilchard's list in yesterday's game, do you expect more or less than than 3 points scored?

Not a bad idea, I have always liked him. He really turned around the Panthers D.

IMO, here are the franchise QB's (16) and their ages:

Rodgers -- 31
Luck -- 25
E. Manning -- 33
Brees -- 35
Roethlisberger --32
Wilson -- 26
Ryan - 29
Brady -- 37
P Manning -- 38
Flacco --29
Romo -- 34
Rivers -- 33
Stafford -- 26
Newton -- 25
Dalton -- 27 (questionable)
Kaepernick -- 27

Left off are Alex Smith, Cutler, and the young QBs (Tannehill, Carr, Foles). Of those under 30, only Luck and possibly Russell Wilson could be rated as likely to have better futures than Matt Ryan. BTW, there is no doubt that more than half the league would much rather have Matt Ryan than the mess that they have at QB. Not a coincidence that of 12 playoff teams only the Arizona Cardinals do not have a franchise QB that guided them into the playoffs.

Speaking of franchise quarterbacks, Kyle Orton is retiring at age 32

I honestly don't think that JAX would be interested because they are committed to developing a young QB.

I honestly don't think that JAX would be interested because they are committed to developing a young QB.

I thought about this one. I think it comes down to a bird in hand is better than 2 in a bush. Wouldn't Cinci be better off w/ Ryan? Wouldn't Dallas/San Diego think about it just to get a younger healthier QB?

I thought about this one. I think it comes down to a bird in hand is better than 2 in a bush. Wouldn't Cinci be better off w/ Ryan? Wouldn't Dallas/San Diego think about it just to get a younger healthier QB?

Yeah. I'm certainly not saying that Matt Ryan wouldn't be an upgrade, but I think some teams (like Jacksonville) are trying to find their 23 year old Matt Ryan and taking him now would just be a stop gap measure rather than a long term solution.

No, but I do believe that except on the extremes most NFL rosters are generally fungible, and the QB is usually the one variable that makes the team win or lose.

I disagree with this. The last three SB winning teams could have probably switched out their QB with 15-20 other teams and had the same results. Hell...look no further than Seattle. Sure, Wilson is a fine game manager but he is not the reason that team wins or loses football games. You can have a very good QB and a bad team and you will lose games (and the QB will be blamed)...you can also have an average QB and a good team and win games (and the QB will get the credit).

Yeah. I'm certainly not saying that Matt Ryan wouldn't be an upgrade, but I think some teams (like Jacksonville) are trying to find their 23 year old Matt Ryan and taking him now would just be a stop gap measure rather than a long term solution.

He's also expensive. He made the most $$$ of any player in the NFL this year, between bonus, guaranteed money and I think due to Georgia taxes.

I disagree with this. The last three SB winning teams could have probably switched out their QB with 15-20 other teams and had the same results. Hell...look no further than Seattle. Sure, Wilson is a fine game manager but he is not the reason that team wins or loses football games. You can have a very good QB and a bad team and you will lose games (and the QB will be blamed)...you can also have an average QB and a good team and win games (and the QB will get the credit).

Let me amend one thing. Might not be able to switch those three out with the same results as 2 of the 3 (Eli and Flacco) personally played very well in the playoffs. But you could say there are 15-20 QB's that are as good if not better than they are.

He's also expensive. He made the most $$$ of any player in the NFL this year, between bonus, guaranteed money and I think due to Georgia taxes.
And still has a busted wife and shitty team... Maybe he's just a loser

wilson is a hell of a lot more than a "game manager"

Chicago hired Wake alumnus Ernie Accorsi to consult on the GM and coaching searches. He certainly has the pedigree having built some success certainly at the Giants and more recently the Tarpanthers. Still, the last time the Bears hired a coach who already had previous NFL coaching experience was in 1956. So don't go expecting Chicago to hire a household name. Prominent assistant at best. More McCaskey "tradition."

Back