• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stuart Scott

Stu Scott and Rich Eisen were the SC anchors when I was growing up. I cried when I saw this. I hope that someday we can find a way to stop such an unfair, indiscriminate disease like cancer.

Wow. Despite his connection to UNC, he happened to be one of my favorite anchors. Thoughts & prayers with his family. Hope they have peace & comfort during this time. RIP, Stu.

UNC, Reynolds high, and cancer all be damned. RIP Stu.

Stu Scott and Rich Eisen were the SC anchors when I was growing up. I cried when I saw this. I hope that someday we can find a way to stop such an unfair, indiscriminate disease like cancer.

I'm close to losing yet another bro to cancer. This shit is getting seriously old.

Cancer sucks. I lost my mother to this terrible disease in 2014 and I can only imagine the sadness his family must be coping with today. 49 years old is way too young to die. RIP and prayers to his family.

RIP Stu. That's just too damn young. Personally, I have to say it especially freaks me out to see someone exactly my age pass away, in a "there but for the grace of God go I" sort of way.

RIP Stuart "Cool as the other side of the pillow" Scott. I'll never forget his call of Kuklick to Desmond Clark in 1996 to beat Northwestern.

Stu Scott and Rich Eisen on SC nearly every night in college - that's a strangely big part of my memory of my college experience.

My heart goes out to his entire family, and especially to his two young daughters.

Been watching this morning, holding back tears for somebody I never met and even at times didn't care for (broadcasting not personal). Like others through the story of his fight, his love for his daughters, and the love that his colleagues have for him, I'd come to really like the guy. My sincerest thoughts and prayers go out to his family, ESPN family, and friends.

Mt Tabor was not a high school back then..9th and 10th only. Graduated from RJR with Stuart.

Back