• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stuart Scott

Terrible news. I thought things had taken a turn for the worse after watching a segment on MNF pregame a few weeks ago. They mentioned Scott and you could tell by the panelist voices that things were not good. It's been said a million times but love him or hate him there is no doubt he made a major impact on sports broadcasting. True trailblazer.

Awful news.

This dude was what made me watch Sports Center in the mornings or evenings. Sad to see him go

RIP Stu. Thoughts and prayers with his family. Such terrible news.

Man. Sad stuff. Amazing insight from Eisen right there on 10 minutes notice. He is correct in that whether you loved or hated him, he was truly a groundbreaking sportscaster.

"Vlade Daddi, he likes to party, he don’t cause trouble, he don’t bother nobody.”

Sad news to hear about Stu Scott. Really made Sports Center when he was on. Cancer is a really nasty disease. Takes parts of you away little by little and very painfully in many cases.

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

Very sad news. May he rest in peace. Very much enjoyed watching him throughout his broadcasting career.

Posting from my phone but Rich Eisen did a whole highlight package using Scott catch phrases. It was great (other than Irvin and Sanders talking over him the whole time).

ESPN doing a great job of honoring Stu this morning. Sad beyond words... just 49 yrs old.

Yes they did and so did all sports venues all day. Stuart Scott was the real deal and a brave man facing up and battling cancer like her did. A real family man also. May he rest in peace.

you might have scored, but I sent you to the hospital. LOL

it was awesome except for Irvine and Deion yucking it up/repeating things in the background. thankfully he just ignored them.

I disliked his style and his UNC homerism, but all accounts indicate he was a class act and an all-around good guy, especially if the thoughts from his colleagues are such an indication. It's just sad to see someone go that young. Brutal disease.

UNC did a great memorial before the game tonight on ESPN.

Back