• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stuart Scott

Agreed. As a 17 year old watching ESPN and espn2 at the time, I didn't realize how young Stu, Eisen, Suzy, and others were. Now I realize how much pressure it must have been to have a national stage in their mid to late 20s.

Stu was that dude. So sad. It was so weird seeing him get really physically fit in his final years while at the same time getting weaker from the cancer.

Side note - I also wrote for the Dorian Scroll and had my own column.. Hell of a publication.

Stu was that dude. So sad. It was so weird seeing him get really physically fit in his final years while at the same time getting weaker from the cancer.

Side note - I also wrote for the Dorian Scroll and had my own column.. Hell of a publication.

Spartan Sideline was IT. I was editor-in-chief. I imagine Brasky was the year before me. You probably were the year after me.

Spartan Sideline was IT. I was editor-in-chief. I imagine Brasky was the year before me. You probably were the year after me.

Nah dawg, I rarely worked on Spartan Sideline. I was too busy writing big boy articles for the WSJ. I was the advice columnist (I know, right) for the Dorian Scroll, which Manifest took over after I graduated. Greatest gig ever. Worked one hour a month and got honors editor's credit.

Nah dawg, I rarely worked on Spartan Sideline. I was too busy writing big boy articles for the WSJ. I was the advice columnist (I know, right) for the Dorian Scroll, which Manifest took over after I graduated. Greatest gig ever. Worked one hour a month and got honors editor's credit.

#Academicfraud

Not Editor-in-Chief material? Well, it's not for everybody. *cleans fingernails on lapel*

Bro, we all got HONORS credit. It was HONORS newspaper.

The fucking worst, though, was when we were out "selling ads" -- also known as buying subs at Harris Teeter's Super Tuesday -- just me, Manifest, and Brasky. We ran into one of our teachers, and Manifest ran off his mouth about how we were supposed to be in Newspaper. The teacher ratted us out, and word was sent to our Vice Principals in charge of discipline -- assigned of course, by last name alphabetical. Manifest and Brasky's VP gave zero shits, and mine tried to suspend me and kick me out of National Honor Society. HIGH school.

Bro, we all got HONORS credit. It was HONORS newspaper.

The fucking worst, though, was when we were out "selling ads" -- also known as buying subs at Harris Teeter's Super Tuesday -- just me, Manifest, and Brasky. We ran into one of our teachers, and Manifest ran off his mouth about how we were supposed to be in Newspaper. The teacher ratted us out, and word was sent to our Vice Principals in charge of discipline -- assigned of course, by last name alphabetical. Manifest and Brasky's VP gave zero shits, and mine tried to suspend me and kick me out of National Honor Society. HIGH school.

Yeah but you only got enrolled in Honors Newspaper if you were an editor. Not everyone in each class was in honors, especially the younger kids.

And I DID get in trouble. Got assigned Saturday ISS, which I got out of for some reason, which was commuted into After Lunch detail. That entailed dicking around in the cafeteria while supposedly cleaning up and not having to go to calculus.

Yeah I was punished.

Pretty sure that even non-editors got honors credit after their first two years.

Guys, it was a decade (plus?) ago. Your HS grades don't matter anymore.

:FrozenSong:

wakephan I hate to tell you, but this incident did occur over a decade ago. Class of 2004 here...

Stonehenge2007_07_30.jpg

Back