• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Karl Hess

Karl Hess has put out a statement:

"I have shown restraint. I swung back once after being hit fifty times or so.

I've also offered to not doing anything again if those who did the initial attacks would agree not to continue.

I am 100% onboard with total peace about this. Why don't you ask the others to join me?"

LMAO. Well done, sir.

So he said it then.

Edited because I really don't want to talk about the situation that badly.

original

RJ Karl Hess has put out a statement:

"I have shown restraint. I swung back once after being hit fifty times or so.

I've also offered to not doing anything again if those who did the initial attacks would agree not to continue.

I am 100% onboard with total peace about this. Why don't you ask the others to join me?"

Fixed.

So this story has passed. Karl Hess will continue to do many of the big games (like tonight for instance) for the next decade +--including ours. Some will think he's a racist because we didn't correct the out of context tweet. Karl's buddies (also those who regularly ref our games) will remember that Wake Forest left him out to dry as its former trustee and one of our main fans made a 1am tweet which was construed as a racial allegation (even though he didn't mean it as such) and then neither he nor the University corrected it while it festered in the public eye.

I get the mistake Mit made here. Social media is a dangerous thing & what is "guy talk" just doesn't look the same when printed out of context on ESPN the next day. Much like the Buzz hire, however, what I'm not ok with is not fixing it. It simply isn't fixed in meetings or phone calls amongst those who have made a nice living off an athletic system that they didn't create. And now it's probably too late too fix it.

Very disappointed in what happened here. We really put a black eye on one of college basketball stalwarts. It didn't have to happen. And it could have been minimized with a little humble pie that we were too proud to deliver.

So this story has passed. Karl Hess will continue to do many of the big games (like tonight for instance) for the next decade +--including ours. Some will think he's a racist because we didn't correct the out of context tweet. Karl's buddies (also those who regularly ref our games) will remember that Wake Forest left him out to dry as its former trustee and one of our main fans made a 1am tweet which was construed as a racial allegation (even though he didn't mean it as such) and then neither he nor the University corrected it while it festered in the public eye.

I get the mistake Mit made here. Social media is a dangerous thing & what is "guy talk" just doesn't look the same when printed out of context on ESPN the next day. Much like the Buzz hire, however, what I'm not ok with is not fixing it. It simply isn't fixed in meetings or phone calls amongst those who have made a nice living off an athletic system that they didn't create. And now it's probably too late too fix it.

Very disappointed in what happened here. We really put a black eye on one of college basketball stalwarts. It didn't have to happen. And it could have been minimized with a little humble pie that we were too proud to deliver.

the original dwarf

You seem like a real fun dude to have "guy talk" with.

Wait. He worked a big game tonight? Then I'm missing the injury here.

Perhaps Mit and Karl were having a bit of a back and forth. Karl went Eqypt. Mit blasted it on Twitter. Haven't heard anyone say Karl didn't say it. So Karl got called out for a bigoted jab he made straight as if he was at the country club bar. Only he wasn't. He was talking to a successful man (your inherit remark was beyond childish) with whom he doesn't have a relationship. Much to Karl's surprise (because, I am guessing, most of his friends love his sense of humor), Mit didn't laugh. Mit chose to blast Karl's off-color remark on Twitter.

So who should apologize? Nobody. I don't even think Karl should apologize if he doesn't want to. He is fully allowed to let what he said ride. Here's the thing - so is Mit. Judge him all you want for tweeting what was said. Say he broke some "front row code" or whatever. It's the Men's Club, right? Thick skin and all, that is what you are supposed to bring to the party.

What, Karl doesn't want to respond, to confront Mit and his tweet? Wise decision. Why? Because he still got to work a big game tonight. "But his name was dragged through the media! He's being painted as a racist!" For Karl's sake, let's hope lesson learned. Don't make racist cracks to people you don't know.

its sounds like DR is saying that Wake will pay the price for this

that is what I am saying. Karl knows full well Wake muzzled Mit after the tweet when he otherwise would have fixed it. Anybody can see that.

that is what I am saying. Karl knows full well Wake muzzled Mit after the tweet when he otherwise would have fixed it. Anybody can see that.

Is the implication here that Karl Hess (and his colleagues) lack the integrity to call the game "straight" and it will bias their officiating against Wake? If so, then what exactly has changed?

Why is the ACC employing people who will call Wake's games based on their friendship with Karl Hess and not by what happens on the court?

Karl Hess made the racist statement and not apologized. But Donald Ross thinks Wake should apologize for not being loyal enough to Karl Hess, or some such.

Congratulations Donald. You have just turned yourself into the poster boy for LOWF.

So, Mit Shah's tweet will substantially contribute to us having home games in harm's way?

Since when is an SEC game not involving Kentucky "a big game". Sounds like Karl was slumming last night working LSU/Missouri (along with his "stalwart" buddies Shows and Luckie).

he gone!

Multiple sources told @DavidGlennShow and @ACCSports the ACC is ending its relationship with controversial BB official Karl Hess. More soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, Grobe is 100% leaving Wake for Arkansas. Deal is done.

Back