• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Karl Hess

No, that's just old peoe who can't handle change. The ACC is better than it was a day ago.

I hope you're right. I'll certainly be rooting for our conference. I hope it can fix its attendance problem. That won't happen overnight. But anyway, different topic.

So long King Karl. Thanks for the memories.

I suspect he wouldn't get too far by calling one of the parties an Egyptian if they weren't in fact Egyptian.

a liberty university grad marriage counselor. interesting.

Guys, Grobe is 100% leaving Wake for Arkansas. Deal is done.

The greatest ACC guard of all time, Jay Williams, confirmed this to me at Waffle House just this morning. We had our usual, without needing to tell the waitress. Then we admired our "Duke Alumni" stickers on our respective cars and drove off thinking of Coach K's angelic eyes.

During Sunday’s men’s basketball game between Wake Forest and North Carolina State, referee Karl Hess got into it with Demon Deacons fan Mit Shaw, who was sitting courtside. “When I’m older, I want to sit in your seat & watch your Egyptian [rear end] ref a game,” Shaw, via Twitter, said Hess told him.

Shaw, a hotel magnate who previously served on Wake Forest’s Board of Trustees, is of Egyptian descent.

So 3 errors in the first 2 paragraphs. Impressive, WaPo, impressive

A great day for the ACC!!! John Swofford, my blood pressure thanks you!

Last edited:
Any chance ESPN will hire Hess to do post-game commentary on the performance of the officials? Maybe with interviews afterward to discuss the most interesting calls during the game? Maybe they could get the officials body microphones so fans don't miss all the witty banter down on the court?

Just wish that Hess was banished on merit, rather than because he engaged in banter with a fan.

The ACC will not miss Hess, but I am uncomfortable with how this went down.

I've glossed over the thread and articles but may have missed this: what was Mit saying to Hess?

So Hess can still ref games in the NCAA tournament involving ACC teams though.

We're fucked. Well, not us at WF specifically, but teams in the ACC who go to the tournament.

What happened to the good old days when you could call a man of Indian descent an Egyptian in a condescending manner while reffing a major college basketball game? And people wonder why America is crumbling. Thanks, Obama.

Back