• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Karl Hess

That statement doesn't get you fired, they were looking for an excuse and when it happened I bet they were glad to rid themselves of the weekly drama caused by that idiot.

Follow the links to the best Hess tweets in that article and you'll see our own BSD

wpDSqFfpjBtuw.gif

What was the BSD tweet in reference to? I don't remember any huge NCAA happening.

Any chance ESPN will hire Hess to do post-game commentary on the performance of the officials? Maybe with interviews afterward to discuss the most interesting calls during the game? Maybe they could get the officials body microphones so fans don't miss all the witty banter down on the court?

I sure hope not. That assclown on Fox that does the NFL games and tells us why the referees are right and "accurately" predicts the ref's decision seconds before they announce makes it very difficult to watch an NFC game.

I sure hope not. That assclown on Fox that does the NFL games and tells us why the referees are right and "accurately" predicts the ref's decision seconds before they announce makes it very difficult to watch an NFC game.

"Let's see what Mike Pereira thinks". Repeat 100 times a game.

I vaguely recall something about a double foul maybe??

double foul on a obviously one sided altercation, switching possession arrow to UL instead of WSU
insanely quick whistle on a dubious tie up to give UL the ball up 3 with <10 sec left (should have been WSU without the wtf double foul call).

So this story has passed. Karl Hess will continue to do many of the big games (like tonight for instance) for the next decade +--including ours. Some will think he's a racist because we didn't correct the out of context tweet. Karl's buddies (also those who regularly ref our games) will remember that Wake Forest left him out to dry as its former trustee and one of our main fans made a 1am tweet which was construed as a racial allegation (even though he didn't mean it as such) and then neither he nor the University corrected it while it festered in the public eye.

I get the mistake Mit made here. Social media is a dangerous thing & what is "guy talk" just doesn't look the same when printed out of context on ESPN the next day. Much like the Buzz hire, however, what I'm not ok with is not fixing it. It simply isn't fixed in meetings or phone calls amongst those who have made a nice living off an athletic system that they didn't create. And now it's probably too late too fix it.

Very disappointed in what happened here. We really put a black eye on one of college basketball stalwarts. It didn't have to happen. And it could have been minimized with a little humble pie that we were too proud to deliver.

Should this be declared #UnofficiallyOfficial or #OfficiallyUnofficial?

So was Mit pro or anti-Bz? I need to know whose side I should take on this. I'm impressed that he was in Winston for a 8 pm Sun night game, though.

Publicly, he toed the party line. Who knows behind closed doors.

So he was fired for saying Egyptian ass? Wow what a country we live in now.

So he was fired for saying Egyptian ass? Wow what a country we live in now.

No, he was fired for continued lack of restraint after being put on notice. He's a real life troll.

The AAC just cut ties and the Big East is considering doing the same.

For all we know Mit well could have said 'my Egyptian ass can outreff you'.

We're all entitled to our opinion I guess but I ask you this: do you watch Karl Hess ref 10-12 games a year in person? Do you even attend 10-12 college games a year? If not, I'm not really sure your opinion is all that educated. Sorry.

So this story has passed. Karl Hess will continue to do many of the big games (like tonight for instance) for the next decade +--including ours.

Good work Donald.

I'm confused. I was right that Wake was making a horrible decision to muzzle its trustee and let this story fester falsely. Mit was not offended by this, was part of the cause of the situation, and he and Wake should have cleaned this up during their 3 day window to do so.

Sadly, our players will get punished for this error. There will be retribution. Just watch.

Back