• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Karl Hess

Skip going to Pitt
Wes Miller = coaching prodigy
Wake hiring John Giannini
Karl Hess untouchable
What have I forgotten?

Best Waffle House located in Aiken or North Augusta or somewhere.

So there will be retribution against Wake bball for this?

Do you think it's possible for it to get so bad that Devin might take 18 shots in the lane and the refs don't call a single foul all night?

It couldn't get that bad, could it?

Other than the specific names and reference to our bball players, the tone of this is pitch-perfect in resemblance to the insane e-war going on right now between RJ and Townie on The Pit.

And it could have been minimized with a little humble pie that he was too proud to deliver.

"A source told ESPN.com's Andy Katz that Hess' termination was the result of accumulated incidents in the ACC."

Looks like his compadres will have to job a few other schools too. ESPN also hinting that Hess may be hanging up his whistle ... "Hess had been scheduled to work an AAC game between Houston and Memphis on Sunday, but he has chosen to step away from his remaining assignments with the league. Hess, who also works for the Big 12, Big East and SEC, may do the same with all of those leagues as well."

Other than the specific names and reference to our bball players, the tone of this is pitch-perfect in resemblance to the insane e-war going on right now between RJ and Townie on The Pit.

astute observation...but i'm still trying to discern who hit first in this case: the ref or the egyptian?

A couple of points:

1. If the refs do retaliate against us, how will we be able to tell?

2. If Mit was strongly pro-[Redacted], then by helping us get rid of Karl Hess, he has taken a big step toward making amends.

3. Complaining about the reason, albeit silly as it was, for the ACC dumping Karl Hess is sort of like complaining that they convicted Al Capone for income tax evasion and not some of his more heinous crimes.

We got rid of a pompous, incompetent ass. Let us enjoy it.

I'm confused. I was right that Wake was making a horrible decision to muzzle its trustee and let this story fester falsely. Mit was not offended by this, was part of the cause of the situation, and he and Wake should have cleaned this up during their 3 day window to do so.

Sadly, our players will get punished for this error. There will be retribution. Just watch.

lol, if they do that just means College Basketball officiating is the absolute worst.

Ironic that Karl got axed due to a bad call (Egyptian instead of indian descent).

Last edited:
Hess gets what Hess gets. I'll see you on the Quad, and all that. But...if I'm on the board of that company, do I enjoy reading my company's name and that of a senior executive officer in the headlines over a shouting match at a basketball game? Do I enjoy seeing same individual tweeting out half of said shouting match in what looks like a coy attempt to get someone who makes A LOT less than said officer fired (even if warranted)? This isn't a great look for the Bz cheering section.

Hess gets what Hess gets. I'll see you on the Quad, and all that. But...if I'm on the board of that company, do I enjoy reading my company's name and that of a senior executive officer in the headlines over a shouting match at a basketball game? Do I enjoy seeing same individual tweeting out half of said shouting match in what looks like a coy attempt to get someone who makes A LOT less than said officer fired (even if warranted)? This isn't a great look for the Bz cheering section.

I am going to guess they don't care as long as he is running the company well (and given the fact that he is the founder, is a featured speaker in many national publications, sits on various boards etc. that do good things for the company's image). He also isn't in the headlines over a shouting match, he is in the headlines because a ref made a racist comment about him. I have yet to see an article to portrays Mit in a bad light.

lulz. I'm sure Mit Shah is really worried about this.

I am going to guess they don't care as long as he is running the company well (and given the fact that he is the founder, is a featured speaker in many national publications, sits on various boards etc. that do good things for the company's image). He also isn't in the headlines over a shouting match, he is in the headlines because a ref made a racist comment about him. I have yet to see an article to portrays Mit in a bad light.

Do you believe that Karl Hess singled him out of the crowd out of unprovoked spite? Nobody thinks it was warranted, but tweeting out half of a conversation to get someone who makes a fraction of your monthly salary canned just looks petty to me.

Do you believe that Karl Hess singled him out of the crowd out of unprovoked spite? Nobody thinks it was warranted, but tweeting out half of a conversation to get someone who makes a fraction of your monthly salary canned just looks petty to me.

No, but no articles are talking about a heated shouting match. It is being portrayed in the media as Hess making a racist comment and getting canned. If you think people are reading that, thinking through the fact that Mit might have said something first that deserved that response and are then going to take any action that in any way impacts Noble then I have a bridge to sell you.

Back