• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Karl Hess

I am legitimately stunned TheReff hasn't shown up on this issue yet.

Do you believe that Karl Hess singled him out of the crowd out of unprovoked spite? Nobody thinks it was warranted, but tweeting out half of a conversation to get someone who makes a fraction of your monthly salary canned just looks petty to me.

No, but no articles are talking about a heated shouting match. It is being portrayed in the media as Hess making a racist comment and getting canned. If you think people are reading that, thinking through the fact that Mit might have said something first that deserved that response and are then going to take any action that in any way impacts Noble then I have a bridge to sell you.

And so it goes...

It's true. I hacked Donald Ross' password. I hope you were entertained. I'll try to swing by again sometime in 2016 to grace you with my presence.

I am legitimately stunned TheReff hasn't shown up on this issue yet.
Nelms is a small man (smaller figuratively than Donald is literally) who cannot bring himself to side with DR even if it means hanging one of his own out to dry.

And so it goes...

You're missing the point with semantics. You were arguing that Mit looked foolish and his board would be pissed (and from your tone, arguably justifiably so). That isn't the case as no one is thinking through it that far. They are thinking Hess made a racist comment to a fan. Period.

ETA: The odds anyone is even reading this and taking the time to link Mit to Noble is slim to none. The odds that anyone that did would in any way have an impact that the board would care about is non-existent.

Last edited:
D'oh! Missed the obvious.

Speaking of Doh, you missed my personal favorite "Where Were You?" that was a multi paragraph treatise on how Matt Doherty was going to lead UNC to decades of glory.

You're missing the point with semantics. You were arguing that Mit looked foolish and his board would be pissed (and from your tone, arguably justifiably so). That isn't the case as no one is thinking through it that far. They are thinking Hess made a racist comment to a fan. Period.

ETA: The odds anyone is even reading this and taking the time to link Mit to Noble is slim to none. The odds that anyone that did would in any way have an impact that the board would care about is non-existent.

Well, if it is okay with you, I would like to have my own opinion. And in my opinion, this was a petty and unnecessary move on Mit's part. Is ruining Karl Hess's life----actually ruining the only thing this guy probably enjoys over a friggin joke, tasteless as it may be----a worthy expenditure of calories on Mit's part? Six weeks from now (and who knows how many increments of Karl's net worth from now), do you really think Mit cares? I would seriously hope not.

Ruining his life? You're aware ACC refs have other full time careers, right?

Well done article that tries really hard to not have a point.
Very very few people give a rats ass who officiates a basketball game. Hardin apparently doesn't get that. The average fan, even the average superfan, won't miss any given referee who, for whatever reason, stops working. That includes Hess.

Does jhmd just pick the dumbest side of an argument and latch on?

Ruining his life? You're aware ACC refs have other full time careers, right?

You don't think Karl Hess enjoys officiating college basketball games? I'm just saying this was a small time move for a big time guy like Mit.

But he said something you don't like, so screw everything about him, right?

Does jhmd just pick the dumbest side of an argument and latch on?

The part of this argument that involves having an ounce of humanity? Yes. Yes I did do that. Again, six weeks from now, where is Mit Shah and where is Karl Hess? Was it really worth it?

You're saying people who are wealthy and powerful should show humanity toward the less fortunate when they've made mistakes?

As always.

I'm also saying that I expect second graders to tell the teacher when someone else calls them a name. Less so grown ass men.

You don't think Karl Hess enjoys officiating college basketball games? I'm just saying this was a small time move for a big time guy like Mit.

But he said something you don't like, so screw everything about him, right?

Hostile much? Are you Karl's mom?

I'm sure Karl enjoyed reffing college basketball games. Losing something you enjoy because you consistently acted like you were larger than it hardly constitutes ruining one's life.

Small time? Eh, maybe. Read the articles about this. This isn't about Mit. This is about the straw that broke the camel's back. Mit Shah didn't make Karl Hess ruin his basketball career. That ship was on its way out of the harbor before Sunday night.

Back