• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Karl Hess

Yeah I think Mit had a moral obligation to not tell anyone when the dude paid to officiate the basketball game made bigoted comments in response to the unprecedented occasion of a fan not liking his calls.

You don't think Karl Hess enjoys officiating college basketball games? I'm just saying this was a small time move for a big time guy like Mit.

But he said something you don't like, so screw everything about him, right?

What happened to personal responsibility?

What happened to personal responsibility?

Never stood a chance against the moral authority conferred upon the Crusaders of the High Church of Political Correctness. Us=good, them =bad, HULK SMASH!

Have at it, LastwordDeacs. A grown ass man just dimed another man out for calling him a name. Cape up, up-capers.

Suspend Hess to make a point and teach him a lesson? Sure. FIRE the man? That's cowardly, give-in-to-the-PC-hypocrites bullshit. We're all human. We all make mistakes. You can convey a message without executing a Death Penalty. #smh for the Nanny State

Never stood a chance against the moral authority conferred upon the Crusaders of the High Church of Political Correctness. Us=good, them =bad, HULK SMASH!

Have at it, LastwordDeacs. A grown ass man just dimed another man out for calling him a name. Cape up, up-capers.

This doesn't even make sense.

This doesn't even make sense.

You guys persecute others for their thoughts. Their thoughts. Your grandparents put a man on the moon; you heroes stone heretics on Twitter. It is fair to say dissenting opinions aren't your strong suit.

You guys persecute others for their thoughts. Their thoughts. Your grandparents put a man on the moon; you heroes stone heretics on Twitter. It is fair to say dissenting opinions aren't your strong suit.

Agreed, I don't think it's fair that the ACC decided to terminate their at-will employee purely for his thoughts, particularly when the substance of those thoughts was merely a dissenting opinion.

Seemed to me they've moved their attention to Hudson. He was called for some ticky-tak things.

I don't have time (honest as things are nuts here) to read all the posts here, but what did HESS say to HUDSON when Hudson was inbounding the ball and complained that the Louisville inbound defender was way too close?

Instead of telling the Louisville guy to back off, I swear I saw Hess push Hudson back with his right arm, then say something (bad) to Hudson who looked at Hess, shook his head, and said something to Hess.

I have never ever after at least 1000-2000 games in attendance and watched on TV seen a REF push an inbounder back when the defensive player was clearly too tight trying to defend the pass (his foot was hitting the line when he landed while jumping to defend, which means HE needed to back off, not Hudson). Where was Hudson going to go, back into the stands to inbound the ball?

And why is Hess putting his arm into Hudson?

That is what I saw, and almost re-winded the game to look at it again - could not believe it.

Suspend Hess to make a point and teach him a lesson? Sure. FIRE the man? That's cowardly, give-in-to-the-PC-hypocrites bullshit. We're all human. We all make mistakes. You can convey a message without executing a Death Penalty. #smh for the Nanny State

I thought this as well. However, it appears that the ACC has said that he was dismissed for an accumulation of instances, not just this one instance.

Palmetto and anybody else, I'll ask again - what did Hess say to Hudson on that STRANGE inbound play, and why was Hess pushing Hudson back? Did anyone else see that exchange?

There is a small, ever so small (and slightly inebriated) part of me that agrees with your line of thought.

But roll with me for a sec, J. Mit is acting like a fan. Karl responds. A bit of back and forth ensues. Karl goes bigot. Now, you can't deny that his comment was from an innermost place he wishes he could keep suppressed other than when he's enjoying a cocktail with donaldross. Ugly whites only country club kind of shit. You can't go race/skin color/background/whatever the fuck Karl was doing with someone you don't know. You just can't.

In a perfect world, Mit doesn't make the tweet. He talks to WF admins. Perhaps he calls the ACC himself. If nothing happens and he is pissed by the response, then he tweets/goes public. Either way, J, I think we end up in the same place. Karl is a loose cannon as his record proves. The ACC is better without him. He knows his mouth got him in trouble, thus his remarks to the press. Karl doesn't see himself as a bad guy (nor does DR), but he is. You don't just say what he did. You, J, might say, "I can't wait until ... and your millionaire ass is out here ...," but you wouldn't say what he did. You wouldn't.

Karl Hess is not worthy of your defense, J. He's an egotistical blowhard who said yet another wrong thing, this time to an influential individual.

The part of this argument that involves having an ounce of humanity? Yes. Yes I did do that. Again, six weeks from now, where is Mit Shah and where is Karl Hess? Was it really worth it?

What happened to the good old days when you could call a man of Indian descent an Egyptian in a condescending manner while reffing a major college basketball game? And people wonder why America is crumbling. Thanks, Obama.

SELF-SUFFICIENCY, AMIRITE?

YES! I told my gf yesterday the only thing this story was missing on the boards was a reference to PC gone amok. I'm scoring so many points on this thread right now.

Agreed, I don't think it's fair that the ACC decided to terminate their at-will employee purely for his thoughts, particularly when the substance of those thoughts was merely a dissenting opinion.

1. Fair comes in the fall
2. At-will employee is exactly what it means for better or worse
3. Even if the fair didn't solely come in the fall, number two makes it pretty fair unless you're against at-will employment
4. This wasn't merely a dissenting opinion, Hess didn't give a "dissenting opinion" he gave one which was objectively wrong and pretty clearly across the line for someone in his line of work

God I knew the Hess defenders would be out tonight and I LOVE IT.

A couple of points:

1. If the refs do retaliate against us, how will we be able to tell?

2. If Mit was strongly pro-[name redacted], then by helping us get rid of Karl Hess, he has taken a big step toward making amends.

3. Complaining about the reason, albeit silly as it was, for the ACC dumping Karl Hess is sort of like complaining that they convicted Al Capone for income tax evasion and not some of his more heinous crimes.

We got rid of a pompous, incompetent ass. Let us enjoy it.

Yes.

All 3 points.

Yes.

Back