• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Karl Hess

talking_shit_1245475.jpg

Luckie is a good ref but calls out of his zone way too frequently. Also thinks he lets his emotions get the better of him too often.

Luckie is a good ref but calls out of his zone way too frequently. Also thinks he lets his emotions get the better of him too often.

This is the main reason I don't think he is a good ref. He will make a call from 90 feet away that the ref right at the play let go.

He called one a couple weeks ago from midcourt when the ball was on the opposite block inside the paint. It was hilarious.

I completely agree that people need to use judgment etc. and Hess's actions were over the top and ridiculous, I was just pointing out protesting and refusing to leave with do nothing to help.

Oh, they could drag me out but I'm TAKING MY SEAT WITH ME! I paid for that damn seat, I tell you!

You probably have to go back to sometime in Bz's third season for me to get back to the 12th Wake basketball game I watched and there's some clown in here who thinks he's a big shot for attending 12 games, in 5 states, in the last 20 days. I'm dying.

I still don't agree how this is being handled by our AD. It's not 1995 anymore. A couple of backdoor phone calls doesn't clean this stuff up. Unless Mit really was offended and considers Karl's comments racist, he himself needs to address the situation. The tweet, followed by the refusal to answer questions, creates what (I suspect) is the false impression that Mit thinks Karl is a racist.

If you wait, the story passes and Karl has been hung out to dry. Bad decision for WF. Ron Wellman has been a great athletic director for us in this last era. The world has changed however. Our next AD needs to understand the realities of social media and how to quickly and appropriately respond rather than muzzle people. Delays and uncertainties and silence can speak volumes--even when that is not the intent. Bubba Cunningham, for instance, (like most Ads) is an active participant in social media and he uses it to UNC's advantage. We need to join in so we do not continue to fall behind competitively.

Last edited:
I still don't agree how this is being handled by our AD. It's not 1995 anymore. A couple of backdoor phone calls doesn't clean this stuff up. Unless Mit really was offended and considers Karl's comments racist, he himself needs to address the situation. The tweet, followed by the refusal to answer questions, creates what (I suspect) is the false impression that Mit thinks Karl is a racist.

If you wait, the story passes and Karl has been hung out to dry. Bad decision for WF. Ron Wellman has been a great athletic director for us in this last era. The world has changed however. Our next AD needs to understand the realities of social media and how to quickly and appropriately. Delays and uncertainties can speak volumes--even when that is not the intent. Bubba Cunningham, for instance, (like most Ads) is an active participant in social media and he uses it to UNC's advantage. We need to join in so we do not continue to fall behind competitively.

We need an AD as great as Lee Folwer was (RIP).

How is it being handled by our AD? I haven't seen any indication that our AD has done or said anything.

Maybe he does feel Karl's racist. I have no idea about the dynamic of their relationship. The guy did call Mit an Egyptian when he's not from anywhere closet o Egypt.

If you wait, the story passes and Karl has been hung out to dry. Bad decision for WF. Ron Wellman has been a great athletic director for us in this last era. The world has changed however. Our next AD needs to understand the realities of social media and how to quickly and appropriately respond rather than muzzle people. Delays and uncertainties and silence can speak volumes--even when that is not the intent. Bubba Cunningham, for instance, (like most Ads) is an active participant in social media and he uses it to UNC's advantage. We need to join in so we do not continue to fall behind competitively.

again, he refused to answer a question from a reporter. not at all the same thing as refusing to discuss it with the appropriate person(s). ron has done tremendous damage to wake forest during the debacle. in no way does he get to be called a "great athletic director."

agree very much with the remainder of your post.

How is it being handled by our AD? I haven't seen any indication that our AD has done or said anything.

Maybe he does feel Karl's racist. I have no idea about the dynamic of their relationship. The guy did call Mit an Egyptian when he's not from anywhere closet o Egypt.

We keep harping on the fact that he is Indian and not Egyptian (not in this post from numbers, but just sparked the though). That, itself, is inaccurate. Mit is as American as they come. He was born in NJ and grew up in Winston. He his of Indian origin and (I think) his parents are from India, but he himself is just as American as Mr. Hess.

Why would our AD handle this? Seems like it's been the ACC and Mit

We keep harping on the fact that he is Indian and not Egyptian (not in this post from numbers, but just sparked the though). That, itself, is inaccurate. Mit is as American as they come. He was born in NJ and grew up in Winston. He his of Indian origin and (I think) his parents are from India, but he himself is just as American as Mr. Hess.

Oh I agree with this, I was just pointing out that Hess' comment wasn't even accurate as to ethnicity.

Back