• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The fight.

I'm just really glad that rjkarl has finally after all this time stopped taking all your shit and started standing up for himself. No more Mr. Nice Guy. You hit him, he hits you back, and when he hits you, you go down crippled, just like Townie.

578-2.jpg

Reactions: Ayo
Posting private messages shows how devoid of class and integrity someone is.

I've never written anything close to 300 pages. Thus any copied message has to be questioned.

Last edited:
Posting private messages shows how devoid someone is of class and integrity.

I've never written anything close to 300 pages.
OK so just the pages part. This look familiar?

"This mess started several years after I graduated from college. My early twenties had been a continuum of family tragedies leading me to question every aspect of life, faith and the future. If the world was going to keep kicking me in the balls then bludgeoning me to the head, what would give this disaster meaning?"

goddamn that is poetic. Please don't ever let this end.

70 pages single spaced is really 140 pages (roughly). (I think.) (Who types w/ single spaces?) And if that's only a sampling, 300 pages seems possible

Here we go, found the email from my LinkedIn account. First I had to correct him because he kept calling me Chuck. Then I said I enjoyed the few pages I'd read.

"Thanks Chris….it’s about seventy-five pages so far. The wild and really funny stuff happens later. It could go for hundreds pages.

Matty Simmons (Animal House”/National Lampoon) and Laugh-In’s Dick Martin thought the script was “very funny”.

I’m just not sure if this is the way to start."

OK so just the pages part. This look familiar?

"This mess started several years after I graduated from college. My early twenties had been a continuum of family tragedies leading me to question every aspect of life, faith and the future. If the world was going to keep kicking me in the balls then bludgeoning me to the head, what would give this disaster meaning?"

HUNDREDS of people on the old board have that passage.

Again, if you are willing to make public private conversations and blatantly lie about something HUNDREDS of people on these boards know to false, anything you try post after that has no validity.

The fact that you started a thread to post private personal correspondence also shows you can't be trusted.

Basically, if you paid for a soft pretzel on the street with a bill, the vendor should check to make sure you didn't give him counterfeit cash.

DAMN SON. PHILLY SOFT PRETZEL SMACK.

rj, do you think townie is worthy of the great city of brotherly love? he seems to lack the constitution and toughness, imo. ben franklin would roll in his grave.

"My newspaper’s office was a two block walk to 30th Street Station in Philadelphia. I had an overnight bag, my laptop, a recorder and a new camera. With the way newspapers were cutting back, it was normal to be a one man production. There was nothing unusual about this set-up.
I always found the train-ride relaxing. The oversized seats are comfortable. I used the time to go over my questions. I was only supposed to get an hour with Secretary Melanu and there was much to go over. I must have changed questions and themes a dozen times in the hundred minutes I was on Amtrak."

Does Townie have the email bomb? Or is RJ correct to label him a LIER? Only time will tell!

Hi Everyone,

There are about seven other letters like this going out over the next couple of days.

First, Dave Goren, mrdavetv, is editing the book for me. He will also be acting as my publicist.Thanks Dave.

A Story Almost Told will be debuting on an ewBook website with a cover and fixed up a bit in about 3-4 weeks. It has already been accepted.

Another ePublher is interested. They are holding out a major carrot. That's why I'm about to ask you guys a favor.

They have said the book be fast-tracked towards a real book deal if can show 500-1000 eBook sales. Several of their authors have been on the Today Show and other such events.

So, here we are. The bad news is the price of the eBook is going to be $6-7. I would love it if many of you would buy them. What's more important would be if you could say some nice things to everyone on your email lists to get them to buy the book.

There are about 150 of you who got it free. If each of you could send out a bunch of emails saying nice things, it would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know what yo uare thinking.

Thanks for your help thus far.

Rick

If I emailed myself the conversation we had from PMs or LinkedIn where he got mad I'll find it.

rj is like a Philly point guard and townie is like a Delaware waterboy

Reactions: Ayo
After he sent us book selections he asked us to pay for it.

For Christmas gifts.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for having some fun with my book.

Being that I'm lazy, I decided to bulk mail instructions for those interested in sending the book out to friends during the holidays. As about 70 of you have been kind enough to ask to read it, please excuse me if I've already sent you these instructions.

Here goes.

I told you what to do, but not how......10 copies=$30 -20 copies =$50

Send me a list of ten email addresses.....when you like them sent and what you;d like in the subject -Christmas Present from you or whatever....

Send the check to:
[REDACTED]

Back