• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The fight.

I had a lot to catch up on after I left work yesterday. Thanks for killing 30 minutes of my morning!

Catching up this morning was like

Lakers-Fan-Takes-Off-Sunglasses.gif

rjkarl has been bitten by the following animals:

- dog
- cat
- possums (multiple)
- racoon
- bees
- parrotfish
- wolf
- Temperate Sil, winner of the 1987 Santa Anita Derby
- brown recluse spider
- deer
- reindeer
- chickens (various breeds)
- cow
- goat
- pig (domestic)
- pig (feral)
- San Bernardino Mountain Kingsnake
- coyote
- capuchin monkey
- squirrel

rjkarl has been bitten by the following animals:

- dog
- cat
- possums (multiple)
- racoon
- bees
- parrotfish
- wolf
- Temperate Sil, winner of the 1987 Santa Anita Derby
- brown recluse spider
- deer
- reindeer
- chickens (various breeds)
- cow
- goat
- pig (domestic)
- pig (feral)
- San Bernardino Mountain Kingsnake
- coyote
- capuchin monkey
- squirrel

My favorite part about this is that Temperate Sil actually did win the 1987 Santa Anita Derby

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Anita_Derby

The obvious difference between us is that I tell the truth about his actions and character versus his having to make up lies about me.

Interesting, so I must assume that the following is the truth.

Maybe if Townie had ever gotten laid by a woman who shaved her legs or armpits he wouldn't be so upset......

Gross, Townie. GROSS.

After he sent us book selections he asked us to pay for it.

For Christmas gifts.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for having some fun with my book.

Being that I'm lazy, I decided to bulk mail instructions for those interested in sending the book out to friends during the holidays. As about 70 of you have been kind enough to ask to read it, please excuse me if I've already sent you these instructions.

Here goes.

I told you what to do, but not how......10 copies=$30 -20 copies =$50

Send me a list of ten email addresses.....when you like them sent and what you;d like in the subject -Christmas Present from you or whatever....

Send the check to:
[REDACTED]

The fuck does Wake's former men's basketball coach have to do with any of this?

"My girlfriend asked me what I was doing the other night, and I said "arguing with a crazy senior citizen on a message board." It kinda put things in perspective for me a little bit in that moment."

Well that moment didn't last long...

dont-think-about.jpg

Well here it is, the PMs on Scout, forwarded to my Wake email address. DeacFan2009 can vouch for me that all this happened, or else I have emails where (oops) I sent DF2009 the manuscript the day rj first sent it to me, because, well, gold.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Chris, I have been working with a guy out here named Chuck. You'd like him.

What do you think of the work gave you?

I know you work in editing and if you want to look over the project, iyou could get the firs tlook at the whole thing before the rest of everyone gets to se eit.

This could be a big opportunity for you if you want to look things over. You could be big part of this journey. Dick Martin said it was the funniest he'd read in a long time.

What do you say?

Rick,

First, thanks again for sending along the manuscript section. I enjoyed what little I've read of it. To be clear, are you offering me a job? I do this professionally. I make between $20 and $50/hr freelancing depending on the nature and length of the work. I can't just do this for free, in spite of the potential opportunity. No offense intended, it's just my job. I'll look over cover letters for friends and stuff, but I can't just take a lot of work like this for free. How long is the full book?

-Chris

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chrsi,

Don't think of hjit like a job. The book is really funny. It's only going to be another 20or 25 pages longer. You should think about it because I have some other people that would od this.

End of communications. I stopped responding, but he did send a couple more PMs like a month later telling me I was an idiot and a bad friend.

See - only 20-25 more pages. OBVIOUSLY ITS ALL LIES.

This could be a big opportunity for you if you want to look things over.

HE WAS DOING YOU A FAVOR!!! You missed out on a small percentage of the the profits from literally hundreds of book sales at $2.99 per!

Don't feel bad Townie, even Erik Estrada realizes that RJ has led a better life than most.

Review by: ThePonch on March 11, 2011 : *****
Awesome story. I read it in one sitting. When I was finished, I was hoping for more. [Redacted said author] can spin one hell of an entertaining yarn. His giant heart and conscience leap from the pages. A crazy story; he lived more in that time period than I have in my entire 62 years. Bravo!
(reviewed the day of purchase)

b30.jpg

Let me see if I can get this right.

RJ writes book
RJ asks professional editor to read over and tell him what he thinks
RJ asks for professional editor to edit said book for free
Editor suggests freelance hiring
RJ does not want to pay

Fast forward a few years
RJ sends angry pms
PMs and original emails are posted
RJ flips his shit and claims they're all lies

Holy shit! I just realized so many of our RJ stereotypes have been verified.

God Bless America! I love this country!

Well here it is, the PMs on Scout, forwarded to my Wake email address. DeacFan2009 can vouch for me that all this happened, or else I have emails where (oops) I sent DF2009 the manuscript the day rj first sent it to me, because, well, gold.

Sorry Chris, I have been working with a guy out here named Chuck. You'd like him.

What do you think of the work gave you?

I know you work in editing and if you want to look over the project, iyou could get the firs tlook at the whole thing before the rest of everyone gets to se eit.

This could be a big opportunity for you if you want to look things over. You could be big part of this journey. Dick Martin said it was the funniest he'd read in a long time.

What do you say?

Rick,

First, thanks again for sending along the manuscript section. I enjoyed what little I've read of it. To be clear, are you offering me a job? I do this professionally. I make between $20 and $50/hr freelancing depending on the nature and length of the work. I can't just do this for free, in spite of the potential opportunity. No offense intended, it's just my job. I'll look over cover letters for friends and stuff, but I can't just take a lot of work like this for free. How long is the full book?

-Chris

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chrsi,

Don't think of hjit like a job. The book is really funny. It's only going to be another 20or 25 pages longer. You should think about it because I have some other people that would od this.

End of communications. I stopped responding, but he did send a couple more PMs like a month later telling me I was an idiot and a bad friend.

Nothing in that is showing that I was "pissed"....but to someone who has only gotten a "participation ribbon" for being last man on a Tball team at eleven years old with other five year olds, I guess not ever being picked colors his outlook.

Nothing in that is showing that I was "pissed"....but to someone who has only gotten a "participation ribbon" for being last man on a Tball team at eleven years old with other five year olds, I guess not ever being picked colors his outlook.

Fucking millennials!

Let me see if I can get this right.

RJ writes book
RJ asks professional editor to read over and tell him what he thinks
RJ asks for professional editor to edit said book for free
Editor suggests freelance hiring
RJ does not want to pay

Fast forward a few years
RJ sends angry pms
PMs and original emails are posted
RJ flips his shit and claims they're all lies

Holy shit! I just realized so many of our RJ stereotypes have been verified.

God Bless America! I love this country!

The pattern repeats to this day with his constant posts asking for free advice on any number of topics, but mostly for computer help. I once offered him help at a discounted rate...he didn't reply. And then there's his new business that he publicly asked for advice about, that no one can post about now because he doesn't want "real life" brought to the boards. :bowrofl:

Hey RJ, how much $$ did you make off your book?

The pattern repeats to this day with his constant posts asking for free advice on any number of topics, but mostly for computer help. I once offered him help at a discounted rate...he didn't reply. And then there's his new business that he publicly asked for advice about, that no one can post about now because he doesn't want "real life" brought to the boards. :bowrofl:

WHY DO YOU LIE?!?

Back