• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The fight.

First of all, I never saw any offer from Racer. Next, when someone says his purpose on the boards is to be a dick to me, why would I ever want his "help"?

Nothing in that is showing that I was "pissed"....but to someone who has only gotten a "participation ribbon" for being last man on a Tball team at eleven years old with other five year olds, I guess not ever being picked colors his outlook.

I am sad to report I did not save future PMs from you where you called me a bad friend. We can chalk those up to more Townie LIES.

I want to know more about Chuck.

Given the trajectory and pace of this epic tale, and that Chuck would've liked Townie in 2011 but would no doubt dislike Townie now with the rage of a thousand suns (like the aforementioned South Africans), I'm guessing "Chuck" is former Love Connection host Chuck Woolery. A quick Google search shows that Woolery is out of the gameshow racket and now doing something that would've brought him into RJK's orbit ...

cwoolery.png

RJ's crew of semi-famous SoCal ballas strikes again!

I am sad to report I did not save future PMs from you where you called me a bad friend. We can chalk those up to more Townie LIES.

Which had nothing to do with the situation you are talking about. Man, you are so desperate.

Stay down, you don't need to get back up to your feet and take more punishment. If you don't want to go out on the mat, have your corner throw in the towel.

I realize those are sports metaphors and the closest to participating in sports you've ever done is hackey sack or Frisbee and the Wake boards, but I think you'll understand them.

Which had nothing to do with the situation you are talking about. Man, you are so desperate.

Stay down, you don't need to get back up to your feet and take more punishment. If you don't want to go out on the mat, have your corner throw in the towel.

I realize those are sports metaphors and the closest to participating in sports you've ever done is hackey sack or Frisbee and the Wake boards, but I think you'll understand them.

I would love to hear some of RJ's sports exploits to compare

I mean I have state champs medals if you wanna compare. Though they are from a PUSSY sport, running.

Shit is so real right now

I mean townie is sitting in some backwoods North Carolina shack copy editing articles about local LAN parties and rj offers him the opportunity of a lifetime to get the first crack at a real book with real interest from the LA Hollywood scene and he scoffs at it

This is like if you brought a music agent to a talented singing homeless person and asked them to sing and the homeless person is like nah I don't do that shit for free. Opportunity lost.

When's the dick measuring contest?

How else are we going to determine a winner?

So far, the only letter he's been awarded by WFU is the WFDD-FM letter. I'm still searching though, I know it's in here somewhere.

I feel like Ali when he fought Chuck Wepner. Of course even after fifteen rounds of punishment, Wepner's face was in better shape than Townie's.

Nothing in that is showing that I was "pissed"....but to someone who has only gotten a "participation ribbon" for being last man on a Tball team at eleven years old with other five year olds, I guess not ever being picked colors his outlook.

Finally, someone makes this point. I've always felt this way about the "participation ribbon" generation, but I've never seen anybody have the balls to actually say it out loud. That's because, and as a former pool champion (9-time Cleveland Open winner, look it up) in his early 60s, I am well-equipped to say this: our generation is still coddling these youngsters. We never call them on their shit. We need to stop giving them "participation ribbons" and start telling them that they actually suck and are losers and that we're the really cool guys with awesome stories. My grandfather fought in WW1, my father lived through a depression and then took on Tojo at Guadalcanal, I once ate breakfast with Paul Hornung, and what the fuck have you people done?

I can remember when my son was playing tee ball, and he fucking sucked alligator balls. He couldn't even catch a routine fly and I was like "you little motherfucker. You need to be Mickey Mantle or my life is fucking meaningless, you goddamn runt." So anyway, end of the season, I go up to the coach and I say "let's get these little dickheads some trophies even though they all suck. If I get enough trophies in his bedroom, I can pretend he's a great athlete and maybe get some pussy out of it or something." And the coach was like "way ahead of you, brodog, bought them before the season even started".

Anyway, fast forward 25 years, and this kid is some kind of lawyer or some shit. And I admit I fell asleep at the wheel a little bit when I realized this loser wasn't gonna make any real cheese playing in the big leagues, and his mom and stepdad sort of did the heavy lifting, I'm a big man, I can admit that, I had pool to the play and pussy to slay. But whatever, I'm still his dad, so I get in a little hot water because I accidentally tried to start a midget slavery ring, and I call this kid for some lawyering or whatever you call it. He's like "I'm an optometrist. That's not a kind of lawyer. How many times have I told you that?" You believe that? The fucking balls. You bet your ass I brought up the trophy I got him when he was 5. I got you something for nothing and you won't even give me a lot more for even less? Pssssh. This country is going to dickville fast, glad I won't be around to see it.

I feel like Ali when he fought Chuck Wepner. Of course even after fifteen rounds of punishment, Wepner's face was in better shape than Townie's.

Oh shit! That's the fight that inspired Sylvester Stallone to write Rocky. RJ, do you know Sly?

Is Stallone going to write more boxing movies based on Townie? Townie, you're going to be famous and an inspiration to us all.

It was a novel opportunity without question.

When I look back upon the regrets in my life, I would like to think I will have but a few.

Long term girlfriend for the first part of college;
The time I made my dad take me home from the monster truck rally because it was too loud (I was four, but still, wtf PUSSY);
Missing out on the journey of a lifetime, a.k.a. editing rjkarl's "A Story Almost Told"

Back