• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Texas Lt. gov accuses CNN, MSNBC of being ‘accomplices’ in death of Mollie Tibbetts

“The CNNs, MSNBCs, most of the print media and Democrats are all accomplices in the death of this young girl and the death of everyone else,” Patrick declared on Fox.

“Even Geraldo Rivera,” Patrick continued. “I’ve never met the guy. Seems like he has a good heart. I saw him on here Fox saying, ‘I feel badly about this but...’ There is no ‘but.’"

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...-are-accomplices-in-murder-of-mollie-tibbetts

Texas Lt. gov accuses CNN, MSNBC of being ‘accomplices’ in death of Mollie Tibbetts

“The CNNs, MSNBCs, most of the print media and Democrats are all accomplices in the death of this young girl and the death of everyone else,” Patrick declared on Fox.

“Even Geraldo Rivera,” Patrick continued. “I’ve never met the guy. Seems like he has a good heart. I saw him on here Fox saying, ‘I feel badly about this but...’ There is no ‘but.’"

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...-are-accomplices-in-murder-of-mollie-tibbetts

They're just flat-out race-baiting now. This is really no different from a Pat Buchanan or George Wallace or Strom Thurmond back in his 1948 Dixiecrat campaign. One person is (very tragically) killed by an illegal immigrant, and now all Democrats and the evil librul news media are to blame. No doubt it was inevitable, but it's still a loathsome tactic, and one repeatedly condemned by history. The GOP and Fox are really desperate now to gin up that base for the November elections. Ironically, the farmers who hired the accused killer are prominent Republicans in their area, according to the Washington Post article on the case. I wonder if the Texas Lt. Governor will blame these good Republican farmers for hiring an illegal immigrant? Yeah, right.

yes it is a tragedy, but it's not like it's a total goddamn mystery why he was in fucking Iowa

One thing to note, they waited to impeach until after the August deadline to get on the ballot, which ensured that the governor got to name the replacements rather than put it up to a vote. One of the Dems resigned specifically to ensure that the seat would be up for election in November.

One of the appointees lost the primary for the Republican nomination for Senate.

the better question is, why aren't Republicans investigating that stuff? (not that I don't know the answer already)

what's wrong with investigating most of that stuff

The only ones that don't deserve investigations are:

Firing of US Attorneys - basically all POTUS do this

Transgender ban - to his credit Mattis has refused to enforce this

WH emails - this is going to take a ridiculous amount of man-hours for something that is very difficult to stop- if someone is sharing classified material, prosecute him/her, but looking at everyone is a waste of time

WH emails - this is going to take a ridiculous amount of man-hours for something that is very difficult to stop

64ca97cdc723d853e4e241ca9677697bedc57f82.gif

Back