• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

No, we are saying it is worth taking accusations seriously and investigating because at least 90% of rape allegations turn out to be true, despite nearly 100% being categorically denied.

Further, not being put on the supreme court does not mean your life is ruined. For example, I have never been put on the supreme court and my life is not ruined.

Don’t be naive. Having your name on every news outlet ever in association with sexual assault is life changing. Having threats sent to your family is life changing. Forever being the guy who was accused of rape is life changing. People have committed suicide for less, falsely accusing someone in the public sphere is a huge fucking deal.

Of course it’s worth taking accusations seriously and investigating them. This case has been investigated to the fullest extent it possibly can be. There’s nothing to suggest the allegations are even credible.

No. 94.4% of the women had their lives ruined.

So you’re saying because of that we should just universally believe all rape allegations and treat all accused as if they are guilty?

Dude why did you rape me that one time though?

So at this point we’re saying that it’s rare for sexual assault allegations to be false, therefore we should just believe them all without looking for anything to corroborate them. If 2-8% of people have their lives ruined we’ll just call that collateral for having such a progressive society, fantastic idea, let’s apply it to all crime!

How is investigating Ford's allegation ruinous to Kavanaugh's life?

Serious question: Who the fuck is convicting anybody in this instance?

The point was made that almost all sexual assault cases are he said she said, implying that the level of evidence in this case is typical of one which might garner a conviction. That’s false.

A false allegation is much more likely to ruin a woman's life than an allegation being investigated going on to ruin the accused's life.

How is investigating Ford's allegation ruinous to Kavanaugh's life?

It’s not. Leaking them to the public without any corroborating evidence is. He’s being treated by the left as a sex offender now, despite there being no evidence to suggest he is.

So you’re saying because of that we should just universally believe all rape allegations and treat all accused as if they are guilty?

Dude why did you rape me that one time though?

Go back and read.

It’s not. Leaking them to the public without any corroborating evidence is. He’s being treated by the left as a sex offender now, despite there being no evidence to suggest he is.

Where's the evidence that Blasey Ford is a false accuser?

Don’t be naive. Having your name on every news outlet ever in association with sexual assault is life changing. Having threats sent to your family is life changing. Forever being the guy who was accused of rape is life changing. People have committed suicide for less, falsely accusing someone in the public sphere is a huge fucking deal.

Of course it’s worth taking accusations seriously and investigating them. This case has been investigated to the fullest extent it possibly can be. There’s nothing to suggest the allegations are even credible.

No it hasn't.

Well, for starters, victim testimony is considered evidence. Additionally, "evidence" as you are suggesting (DNA, other witness testimony, etc.) doesn't matter regarding the questions that Democrats and other skeptics have. The question is whether Kavanaugh is fit to sit on the SCOTUS. Part of determining whether or not a candidate for a job is fit is determining whether that candidate has the character necessary to do the job they are asked to do. A man with credible sexual assault allegations against him + a pattern of being less than forthcoming with the truth (if not an out and out liar) should be disqualified from candidacy for the SCOTUS (and likely should be removed from the DC Circuit, but that's another discussion).

I don't actually care whether or not we ever find out that it was or was not Kavanuagh to a 100% degree. But logical inferences from everything that has come to light in the last few weeks show that Kavanaugh should not be confirmed.

Who needs immaterial items like corroboration or evidence as long as the accuser is perceived as credible?

You just make things up as you go along. You said the Senate couldn't subpoena people to make your side look better when they can and do all the time.

This woman's comfortable life has been turned upside down. She has to move. When she buys another home, she'll likely have to create a corporation to buy the next home to avoid the threats against she and her family.

You never address the fact that Kavanaugh has lied in every Senate hearing since 2004. He's lied multiple times in this hearing. Isn't the most basic prerequisite to be a judge to be truthful?

He's failed that miserably.

His conspiracy theories show him to be totally irrational and a person who carries unfounded grudges. This should be also disqualify for any judicial position in this country.

But you ignore all these indisputable actions he has done.

Check my IP Sherlock. I’m a Wake grad and I’ve never posted under any other name.

Be sure to scowl, huff, puff, and snort when you make your denial—makes it more believable.

gettyimages-1042045462_custom-b0c4477294850ddaa1acd2463aff559bec6da4ee-s800-c85.jpg

Who needs immaterial items like corroboration or evidence as long as the accuser is perceived as credible?

Who needs a Justice of the Supreme Court who doesn't perjure himself at least half a dozen times as have been shown as long as he's going to clear Trump. kill ACA, kill Roe and make marriage equality a state issue?

Well, for starters, victim testimony is considered evidence. Additionally, "evidence" as you are suggesting (DNA, other witness testimony, etc.) doesn't matter regarding the questions that Democrats and other skeptics have. The question is whether Kavanaugh is fit to sit on the SCOTUS. Part of determining whether or not a candidate for a job is fit is determining whether that candidate has the character necessary to do the job they are asked to do. A man with credible sexual assault allegations against him + a pattern of being less than forthcoming with the truth (if not an out and out liar) should be disqualified from candidacy for the SCOTUS (and likely should be removed from the DC Circuit, but that's another discussion).

I don't actually care whether or not we ever find out that it was or was not Kavanuagh to a 100% degree. But logical inferences from everything that has come to light in the last few weeks show that Kavanaugh should not be confirmed.

There’s more than enough reason to not push on through with this nominee.

If they do I suspect we will all regret it, Pubs especially.

Back