Page 17 of 365 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy/Sedition

David Vitter loses to a Dem for Louisiana Governor. Mixing it up with hookers doesn't fly in deeply partisan red (LA) or blue states (Spitzer-NY). Both Vitter and Bobby Jindal were Rhodes Scholars and deeply unpopular in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmouthedRube View Post
    David Vitter loses to a Dem for Louisiana Governor. Mixing it up with hookers doesn't fly in deeply partisan red (LA) or blue states (Spitzer-NY). Both Vitter and Bobby Jindal were Rhodes Scholars and deeply unpopular in LA.
    Vitter's won reelection after the scandal, IIRC.

Not a debacle, but I'm not sure where else to post this. Pretty bold for a first speech on the Senate floor.

I don't really know anything about this guy, so I googled. This one's for 923:

Can Washington's Most Interesting Egghead Save the Senate?

i read the article (natch) but hadn't seen the speech. thanks for posting. he says a lot of things that I wholeheartedly agree with. the country badly needs a legislative branch that is actually engaged in legislating instead of constant fundraising and posturing for MSNBC and Fox. The Senate has largely abdicated its foreign policy role for the past 30 years and as he says, it's rules and procedures have become nothing more than a shirts vs. skins game.

Bernie Eskimo Bro
    Yeah that was good. Highly recommend.

good enough to kill off 1/48th of my day?

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    Not a debacle, but I'm not sure where else to post this. Pretty bold for a first speech on the Senate floor.

MSNBC banners claiming 3rd suspect detained.

Just said their names...not good.
    When in doubt, rub one out -BiffTannen

"What--are you kidding me? I’m about to fly to Paris and shoot ‘em in the head myself!" Fiore said she told Muth when asked why she didn't join the statement on Syrian refugees.

"I am not OK with Syrian refugees. I’m not OK with terrorists. I’m OK with putting them down, blacking them out, just put a piece of brass in their ocular cavity and end their miserable life. I'm good with that," she continued.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ugees-shoot-em

I disagree with you
    uh, is that a real quote

also, have to check w/ elkman, but I was always under the impression that the brass was the shell casing, not the bullet. but perhaps an FMJ round does have some brass in the 'jacket'

I just don't get why they don't pass the First Responders Bill.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Because the GOP doesn't give two shits about veterans.
    #bluelivesmatterbutnotenoughtopassthatbill

Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    I just don't get why they don't pass the First Responders Bill.
    #PoliceLivesMatter

“And I think if you’re going to mock a religion, I’m thinking they should have chosen the Islamic religion,” the Fox Business host opined. “Wouldn’t that have been, somewhat, a display of courage?”
    http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/foxs...-choose-islam/

I think he's right. We should mock all religions.

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post

This is great.

Let that guy debate Trump...