• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Fair point. I would say that in Mississippi that the 'thinking I'm a police officer' feeling is already pretty rampant due to our rural identity.

Then let's not embolden these morons by giving them a sense of owning a License To Kill.

Wrangor, this is off topic, and feel free to not answer, but do you go to one of those giant churches (not sure if they have them in Mississippi) or a typical one?

Small/medium church. About 150 on a regular Sunday.

Not really. In fact I think it is a good thing. It forces churches to think seriously about their safety protocols, and if someone is going to provide security, then it forces them to undergo safety training. Easter Sunday this year a kid walked into a large baptist church in memphis carrying a weapon. The church had a good plan (which most churches don't) and immediately approached the young man. They were able to disarm him (and his backpack full of weapons and ammo) without incident, and in large part it was because they had a trained security team that was a part of their congregation. The security chair was armed and knew his protocols and so no one (including the guy about to shoot everyone) was hurt.

This bill provides some safety for church member who discharge their firearm provided they are properly certified. Going through the certification process at least insures that the person carrying has exercised some critical thinking about his/her firearm. How would you say it is dangerous? Did you read the bill (I did) and find something? Seems to me proper training incentives are exactly what we want. Remember that anyone can carry in a church right now if they have a concealed license. What this bill does is offer increased protection for the gun owner IF he undergoes further training and testing. Seems like a fair trade and a good trade.

Why did they have to disarm him? He had a right to carry the weapon right?

Ah, a good one today!

AbbottGovernorHeader.jpg
Friend,

We began the fight in Texas, challenging President Obama’s completely lawless “Executive Amnesty.”

And we’ve won every step of the way.

Now, this is the final battle. Oral arguments at the Supreme Court started today.

Can you help? Join the fight today with a contribution to the campaign.

The Rule of Law hangs in the balance with this case. Especially with the loss of constitutionalist Justice Scalia.

The Supreme Court will decide whether we follow the Constitution or allow the President to play the role of a King.

That’s how important this is.

If a president can completely re-write the law with a Supreme Court aiding and abetting his illegal actions, our founding document and principles will be reduced to words on paper.

Help today by making a contribution. I have no intention of losing this battle, and I know you don’t either.

Let’s fight together to restore our nation and the Rule of Law!

Sincerely,

AbbottSignature.jpg

Greg Abbott

Fuck, if Obama becomes a king, he'll be president forever. I never thought about that. He'd better hurry though, the election is only six months away!

Fuck, if Obama becomes a king, he'll be president forever. I never thought about that. He'd better hurry though, the election is only six months away!

/looks at field of candidates

I'm cool with that.

/looks at field of candidates

I'm cool with that.

Word. Obama's approval ratings creep up more and more as this election goes on.

I tend to think people will eventually look back pretty fondly on Obama as time wears on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Republicans will try to claim the Obama administration like they claim Clinton.

I tend to think people will eventually look back pretty fondly on Obama as time wears on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Not so much. He will be viewed directly through partisan lenses.

Get that social conservatives want to marginalize LGBTs and ultimately eliminate any protections for them, but what is their roadmap?

-A constitutional amendment ban on marriage equality is never going to pass or be ratified. Find it extremely unlikely that a case will somehow make it to the SC to unwind marriage equality anytime soon and public support only continues to grow with time.

-Israel allowed gays to serve openly in their military roughly at the same time as don't ask don't tell became law in the US. That's roughly a quarter of a century while Israel's been under constant threat. If it were a horrible failure, Israel would have repealed it long ago.

-HB2 style bathroom vigilantism isn't going to sweep the nation. Even the most liberal universities in the country still have some single sex dorms or single sex floors within coed dorms. Far more have coed dorms, floors, and have had unisex bathrooms for decades. That genie's not going back in the battle.

-Seems ridiculously stupid for anyone involved in the wedding industry to boycott based on alleged religious grounds. The backlash would cripple their business. That being said, fining a baker $150K for refusing to bake a cake is also insane. Reducing the fines seems like the best outcome for social conservatives.

-A federal employment non discrimination law seems like the last battle ground. HB2 backlash has got to have given business lobby groups pause as individual corporations want no public acknowledgement of opposing such laws.

There will be some minor skirmishes left, but Huckabee, Bachmann, Santorum, and Jindal are done in elective politics. Cruz, Roy Moore, Mike Pence, and McCrory are on life support. May be able to slow down the inevitable, but none are going to turn back time on LGBT issues.

Got another great one today! IS THERE ANY BETTER WAY TO ANNOY OUR LAME DUCK PRESIDENT!?

107nrk4.png

You should encourage anyone who takes up this offer to roam outside waiving this bad boy around - especially if they see police.

Back