• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

You should encourage anyone who takes up this offer to roam outside waiving this bad boy around - especially if they see police.

Good idea. If white, be sure to wear a mask. Then, Avalon could post about it on that Ferguson thread, we could find out the real identity of the poster, send flowers, nominate him/her for the Darwin Prize, and vent about the police. There's something in this for almost everyone.

Oklahoma introduces measure to impeach Obama over bathroom rights

Oklahoma's Republican-dominated legislature has filed a measure calling for President Barack Obama's impeachment over his administration's recommendations on accommodating transgender students, saying he overstepped his constitutional authority.

Lawmakers in the socially conservative state are also expected to take up a measure as early as Friday that would allow students to claim a religious right to have separate but equal bathrooms and changing facilities to segregate them from transgender students.

The bill introduced on Thursday night could force schools into costly construction, which would be difficult for them to complete after lawmakers significantly cut education funding to plug a $1.3 billion state budget shortfall.

Which part of the Bible bans transgenders? Thought Obama might have overreached, but didn't factor in wingnut response. If Fallin truly wanted to be Trump's VP, she must hate her legislature.

Never underestimate Pubs chances to hang themselves in response to anything Obama says and does.

"Lawmakers in the socially conservative state are also expected to take up a measure as early as Friday that would allow students to claim a religious right to have separate but equal bathrooms and changing facilities to segregate them from transgender students."

I mean I think it's clear that Jesus and his disciples all used the men's room in the 1st Century Middle East bathroom set up. I mean this is just idiotic. What's the religious right to have equal bathrooms?

Never underestimate Pubs chances to hang themselves in response to anything Obama says and does.

Trump doesn't want a social conservative potty tantrum at his coronation, so he's going to have to go all 2 Corinthians on all the pious chuckleheads who wanted Cruz, Huckabee, Santorum, Jindal, or Perry. Maybe Sleepy can read them a bedtime fairy tale about icky prison butt sex. If Fallin gets flushed for vetoing nonsense, maybe noted historian Bachmann can take her place.

Campaign finance probably deserves its own thread, but for now this thread will suffice. This piece is about how Scott Walker raised millions in dark money with no disclosure, then used his office to give big favors back to the secret donors, and then the 4 conservative justices on the Wisconsin Supreme Court who also benefited from millions in spending by those same dark money sources ruled that not only is all this perfectly legal in Wisconsin, it's constitutionally protected! http://billmoyers.com/story/confronting-citizens-united/ I mean this is some straight up Banana Republic shit. Brazil's president is getting impeached for less than this.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread

Of course he's not the first to do this. It's an old "joke" in conservative circles.

There's no other way to interpret it than as a call for his death. His days in office are numbered regardless.

Of course. Have to stop him before he declares himself emperor supreme and installs an all trans-gender ruling class.

Has the Alabama GOP on going fiasco been mentioned in this thread? GOP speaker of the house convicted yesterday of 11 criminal ethics violations, GOP governor under criminal investigation for using state funds to facilitate and cover up an extra marital affair, and the GOP Chief Justice of the Supreme Court suspended and under investigation for intentionally violating an order from the US Supreme Court. Definitely a debacle.

I doubt any of that really matters. I heard some old ladies talked shit about Hillary's lumpy body. That's what's important.

Still early, but one surprising element so far has been the almost total absence of social conservative condemnation of the LGBT victims in Orlando. Huckabee, Santorum, Carson, Jindal, Bachmann, and Perry got wiped out nationally, so the usual suspects have been muzzled.

GOP will strongly decry DOJ directives on bathroom and locker room policies in schools and promote commercial religious freedom in their platform, but they may have finally realized directly marginalizing LGBT people and continuing to oppose gays in the military and marriage equality are net losers nationally that are never reverting back.

Nobody is going to specifically condemn victims of a mass shooting, at least not publicly. Republicans haven't offered sympathies to the Orlando LGBT community and their families. I doubt Rick Scott or Marco Rubio will show up to funerals of the victims either.

Back